• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

I also like a boosted colour saturation and the driver update didn't change my settings. I always opt for a full reset though and there's a little box that says 'Save User Settings' so I don't have to set up my games/colours again.
To be fair it's probably something I'm doing, I reckon I click most things without looking.

Can you let us know what kind of behaviour you see when upgrading through Adrenalin's UI?
New build in March so haven't used many drivers, installed Adrenalin 24.2.1 and everything was fine so skipped 24.3.1

Last month updated to 24.4.1 from 24.2.1 through Adrenalin and lost all CPU monitoring in the performance tab except CPU utilization (I missed not being able to just right click desktop to check CPU temp without installing other stuff, and having it show in the overlay was nice).
So yesterday used DDU in safe mode and installed Adrenalin 24.5.1 and now have all the cpu metrics available again, 7 of them, frequency voltage temp etc.

@AMD_Vik can AMD do something about recording with Windows Auto HDR please? For some reason its recording the HDR tone mapping, the colour is way out and it looks bloody awful.

What software you using?

OBS has a feature to force each recorded window i.e game capture or window capture ( whatever capture ) to be forced SDR.

Or you can fiddle with the settings to mess with the recording colour format to be 10bit P010 which is the HDR colour space and the recording will be recorded as actual HDR colour space. + changing the colour space to REC P2100 PQ

Last edited:
What software you using?

OBS has a feature to force each recorded window i.e game capture or window capture ( whatever capture ) to be forced SDR.

Or you can fiddle with the settings to mess with the recording colour format to be 10bit P010 which is the HDR colour space and the recording will be recorded as actual HDR colour space. + changing the colour space to REC P2100 PQ

The indriver one, ReLive?

Those setting, you do that in OBS? i can't see how to do that in the AMD drivers, i would prefer to use the drivers for recording but if it works in OBS i'll install that, can OBS use the AV1 codex? AVC and HEVC are crap.

24.5.1 gives driver crashes in ghost of Tsushima, tried both a ddu and factory reset etc, reported via the tool. i can replicate the issue by going to the same spot, tried 4/5 times.
getting a similar issue here, though I only have the drivers installed not the bloatware, did rolling back solve the crashes for you?

/Edit: Resolved the issue by resetting graphics options to default and playing through the part that was crashing after which I put the graphics back up to very high, so potentially a driver issue. I had changed Ambient Occlusion from SSAO (default for very high settings) to XeGTAO which is possibly the problem !?! @AMD_Vik.

Last edited:
I can't get on with OBS, i remember this from years ago, its a clunky thing that you're lucky if you can get it working. I'm sure its great for streaming but for recording to your disk it doesn't seem to want to play ball.

i've managed to get it to record the game audio but no video, just a black screen.

kWpI2Qq.png

MJlPwy1.png

3WUcW0d.png

I can't get on with OBS, i remember this from years ago, its a clunky thing that you're lucky if you can get it working. I'm sure its great for streaming but for recording to your disk it doesn't seem to want to play ball.

i've managed to get it to record the game audio but no video, just a black screen.

kWpI2Qq.png

MJlPwy1.png

3WUcW0d.png
It can be a bit fiddly to get set up and I don't think it like capturing some games in a Window so might have to do desktop. But you could try right-clicking on the source, going to "Transform" and select "Fit to screen" to see if that helps (Ctrl + F for shortcut). That helps me sometimes.

getting a similar issue here, though I only have the drivers installed not the bloatware, did rolling back solve the crashes for you?

/Edit: Resolved the issue by resetting graphics options to default and playing through the part that was crashing after which I put the graphics back up to very high, so potentially a driver issue. I had changed Ambient Occlusion from SSAO (default for very high settings) to XeGTAO which is possibly the problem !?! @AMD_Vik.
i didnt bother rolling back, however a reset didnt fix it for me. i might roll back and give it a go at some point. ive seen reports that rolling back or disabling frame gen fixes it but im not using frame gen so.

edit: "to XeGTAO which is possibly the problem !?! @AMD_Vik." i believe im using this, i might try changing it later and see if it helps good shout.

Last edited:
Couple of things I have noticed with the last few drivers is the OSD for stats will randomly decide to simply not work or some stats like Ryzen CPU temp will simply disappear. And Freesync will now and then introduce crazy amounts of stutter until I turn it off in certain games.

It can be a bit fiddly to get set up and I don't think it like capturing some games in a Window so might have to do desktop. But you could try right-clicking on the source, going to "Transform" and select "Fit to screen" to see if that helps (Ctrl + F for shortcut). That helps me sometimes.

Thanks for that, i'll play with it some more
----------

In other news i tried BandiCam, its easy to set up for the AV1 Codex, the quality isn't bad, this is on 50% quality, about 6 Mb/s (bits not Bytes) i usually record in 30 Mb/s and it only goes to about 20.

For some weird reason it cuts Frame Rates in half, well not quite that bad but its a lot, and causes stutter.

However it does seem to record in the proper colour, hurray.... Why can't ReLive do that?????

But, Its £60 :eek::eek: i wouldn't pay £60 for this if it didn't tank performance, its worth £20... how did they arrive at £60 for this?0

The indriver one, ReLive?

Those setting, you do that in OBS? i can't see how to do that in the AMD drivers, i would prefer to use the drivers for recording but if it works in OBS i'll install that, can OBS use the AV1 codex? AVC and HEVC are crap.
I will give you a hand and copy and paste my setting in obs once I'm done with work.

Once you get it set, you don't need to mess with any settings other then adding games to capture.

kWpI2Qq.png

MJlPwy1.png

3WUcW0d.png
Works very well now even on AMD, the game capture mode you have there never works, even on Nvidia.

I think you it was select window capture, properties then state capture specific program. You need to be running the game to select it and state Windows 10 or up 1905 or something. You can also force sdr capture here as well. Once you have that source configured, you don't need to mess with it.

Couple of things I have noticed with the last few drivers is the OSD for stats will randomly decide to simply not work or some stats like Ryzen CPU temp will simply disappear. And Freesync will now and then introduce crazy amounts of stutter until I turn it off in certain games.

Yeah I've noticed that also. Seems to be game dependent on if or which parts of the stats overlay work.

So these are my settings,

saufI9il.png

To note here, I do run at at high bit rate, so play with this for your needs.

To add games as sources, you want to select from OBS sources Window Capture, and this is how I have one of my games set.

c9TDQctl.png

Again, before you add this, have the game in question running first, if you want to capture HDR footage, uncheck force SDR capture.

you would need to do this for every game you care about recording for.

I have mine currently looking like this

l6uCPDtl.png

now if you just want to record everything, you can just select display capture and select your monitor from the properties section in the sources section and this will basically record everything OBS sees on your monitor, so if you alt tab a lot ( like I do ) it will capture that as well.

The window capture source option will still let you record the game even if you alt tab.

kWpI2Qq.png

MJlPwy1.png

3WUcW0d.png

:cry:

Seriously, How easy do you want it!

I'll be on later, I'll hold your hand and talk you through it!

*bloody windows user*

So these are my settings,

saufI9il.png

To note here, I do run at at high bit rate, so play with this for your needs.

To add games as sources, you want to select from OBS sources Window Capture, and this is how I have one of my games set.

c9TDQctl.png

Again, before you add this, have the game in question running first, if you want to capture HDR footage, uncheck force SDR capture.

you would need to do this for every game you care about recording for.

I have mine currently looking like this

l6uCPDtl.png

now if you just want to record everything, you can just select display capture and select your monitor from the properties section in the sources section and this will basically record everything OBS sees on your monitor, so if you alt tab a lot ( like I do ) it will capture that as well.

The window capture source option will still let you record the game even if you alt tab.

Thanks, i'll set it up like that later....

:cry:

Seriously, How easy do you want it!

I'll be on later, I'll hold your hand and talk you through it!

*bloody windows user*

Well, where are you? :P

Back
Top Bottom