• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
It wouldn't be so bad if we could at least get some kind of communication on the subject...

If it's likely to be another month, say so.

It it's likely within a week, say so...

Is it delayed because of something really awesome, or is it because something went terribly wrong?

So we are likely to see better VSR support, and from someones posting of some externally sourced drivers, it looks like a frame rate limiter will now be built in.

But what else?

Maybe the driver team is on strike? :D

Associate
It wouldn't be so bad if we could at least get some kind of communication on the subject...

Pretty much this. One of the key services of a graphics card manufacturer is up to date drivers so that you get the most out of your card. If there is likely to be a delay between driver releases this should be communicated to the consumer. Not doing so only leads to confusion/frustration. Even if the ETA changes several times it is better than complete radio silence.

Caporegime
There was a little survey on the AMD Drivers website last night.

There was a comments box at the end which I filled in, and said we need faster driver updates to support Crossfire in recently released games.

Might be worth doing the survey.

I gave them decent scores for most things, but rated them 3/5 overall for drivers.

Associate
But why give them 3 out of 5 been waiting since October for the first crossfire driver for Elite, Nvidia have released loads. You pay good money for these cards and that should include driver support I'm completely done with this company.

Caporegime
Well the drivers aren't bad are they? It was a question involving multiple answers out of 5 and then an overall 'how satisfied are you' out of 5

I think I gave them 2/5 on one about updates.

Soldato
You know what I find truly hilarious about recent comments in this thread....

You have the Nvidia boys, up in arms about the 970 'lies' saying never again, I’m going AMD, then you've got the AMD boys, going 'where are my drivers', Nvidia are so much quicker etc...

No one is happy! :p

Should we just ALL go Intel, just to spite both AMD and Nvidia? :eek:

Soldato
Im just waiting for everyone screaming about how crap they are, when they do eventually show up :p

of course we will after waiting this long! They will be the usual stability fixes with sub 10% improvements in very specific circumstances that none of us have and we've waited months.

Soldato
You know what I find truly hilarious about recent comments in this thread....

You have the Nvidia boys, up in arms about the 970 'lies' saying never again, I’m going AMD, then you've got the AMD boys, going 'where are my drivers', Nvidia are so much quicker etc...

No one is happy! :p

Should we just ALL go Intel, just to spite both AMD and Nvidia? :eek:

Who's intel? :confused:

:p

Back
Top Bottom