1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The AMD Driver Thread

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by LtMatt, Dec 18, 2014.

1. TaKeN

Capodecina

The 14.12 Omega drivers are still fantastic :cool:

2. Nutella33

Mobster

I think its more crossfire profiles being a more urgent matter for those with crossfire. So without the CAP system the longer wait means they arnt getting the most out of the games that have come out in the 2/3 months.

3. humbug

Caporegime

+1 Great Drivers :)

4. Gregster

Caporegime

Leave poor Matt alone. :p

5. 7stars

Associate

Matt, regardless of the entire work on the driver, IMO IF DX11 is a problem (DX12 will be better about this?), you should find a method to auto update/download by the client with profiles/performance improvements/stability related to the new released games only... and then release the entire set when it's ready.

is this thing feasible? I don't think that you have to do a complete rework on the code every time, isn't it?
    thanks

6. thecremeegg

Sgarrista

Not for me, microstutter that I've never had before! I just want to get rid of that and I'd be happy!

7. LtMatt

Caporegime

Sorry i don't think it works like that. I'm not an expert on writing drivers though, so by all means leave all your good ideas here. :)

8. 7stars

Associate

thank you, already done and even more than one time... i'm hopeless by now ;)
    indeed, I wrote even about the complete auto download/update of the driver, but I remember reading somewhere that you in the past had given up because of "security reasons". Honestly I don't see this issue if someone knows how to manage a firewall :) anyway, then you're back on your steps and have allowed the "notification" about updates... but, sincerely, that's not so useful
    If the problem is about the Windows behavior, maybe someone should talk to MS, 'cause it seems that this is still an archaic procedure and no one thought about innovation regarding the drivers management...
    best regards

9. nutsnut

Wise Guy

The omega drivers are the only drivers I've ever had a problem with :-(

10. spikeot

Gangster

The Omega drivers are excellent, and if I didn't have a 295X2, I would barely be taking in an interest in the release date of the new drivers. As said above though, it's the Crossfire profiles that matter to some of us. I know that Crossfire users are very much a niche group but it would be nice if profiles didn't take so long. I know nothing about driver development though, and I'm sure if it were easy they would roll out the Crossfire profiles just to shut up everyone on this thread!

I'd prefer good drivers to quick drivers though.

11. Matson

Mobster

Matt are you able to confirm if your working on some VSR resolutions for us people with ultrawide 21:9 screens?

12. Puppetmaster

Soldato

When running games in a higher res using VSR, is there anyway to stop the desktop / wallpapers moving?

13. shankly1985

Capodecina

You mean they also change resolution?? Not sure what you mean.

14. GAM8LE

Soldato

Yeah you will need to specify what res you were running before the game loads etc

I have quad monitors all 1920x1080 - all spanning but not as one (ie 5760x1080 single screen) and if I start up an older game that defaults to anything less than 1080P it f******cks up my wallpapers until I set the correct res in the video settings.

15. Puppetmaster

Soldato

Ok to clarify I run 3 monitors in this order

1280 x 1024 | 2560 x 1440 | 1920 x 1200

If I run a game (say warthunder) @ 3200 x 1800, it pushes my "desktop" along to the right, eg any windows I have on the right most screen shifts along. Is there anyway to run the game at the increased resolution but not have it shift stuff right.

16. BradleyW

Associate

@AMDMatt

Should we still expect new drivers in February?

17. HEADRAT

Capodecina

I notice you didn't specify what year ;)

18. Bonjour

Sgarrista

Every year

19. eyetrip

Sgarrista

That depends.... on whether they are ready

:D

Sorry Matt :)

20. LtMatt

Caporegime

No need to apologise eyetrip, they'll be released when ready. :)