• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
System specs and monitor/cable used?

Hello Matt.

Specs are:

Intel 6600K
Z170 Board
Radeon RX570 4GB
LG 34UM69G monitor connected via HDMI. Tried multiple HDMI cables, same issue with any driver above 17.11.14

This monitor supports adaptive sync through HDMI at 2560x1080 as confirmed by LG.

Radeon software also confirms Freesync is enabled.

All works fine with 17.11.14 but for some reason, all drivers after that, no Freesync even though Radeon software says is enabled.

If you need any logs or anything I will gladly assist.

Thanks for any help.

Caporegime
OP
Hello Matt.

Specs are:

Intel 6600K
Z170 Board
Radeon RX570 4GB
LG 34UM69G monitor connected via HDMI. Tried multiple HDMI cables, same issue with any driver above 17.11.14

This monitor supports adaptive sync through HDMI at 2560x1080 as confirmed by LG.

Radeon software also confirms Freesync is enabled.

All works fine with 17.11.14 but for some reason, all drivers after that, no Freesync even though Radeon software says is enabled.

If you need any logs or anything I will gladly assist.

Thanks for any help.

Can you try disabling Windows Game DVR and full screen optimisations for one of your games and see if that fixes it?
Ey3qOAa.png

3WSX94h.png

Soldato
@AMDMatt - Followed your suggestions above although no cigar.

I also tried creating an application profile with AMD Optimised and ON for Freesync and still not working.

I can see reports of the same problem but no solution other than reverting to the last Crimson driver.

Soldato
Hey I just got a Vega 56, So far its manage to shut my system down while playing games. Also get one game where freesync stutters like crazy. Is this just the norm at the moment? >M>

Soldato
So far running great, no BSOD or freezing, no dodgy colours in game or desktop. My crysis 3 performance issues have been fixed. Yes 2200G and 2400G.
Are you using the igpu for crysis 3?

I bought the 2200g in the end with a b350 mobo with 8gb of ram and wondered what the limit is for this gpu. It's mainly used for minecraft, all lego games and roblox with garden warfare 1 and 2 and so far so good apart from the few times it will randomly restart.

Soldato
I did a clean install of w10 latest version with latest drivers for the 2200g and now getting random green screens in minecraft. I can minimise the game and load it back up and it goes but then comes back after ten mins

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom