• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
Could you get me a screenshot of that please TwsT, that would be really helpful as I don't see that on my setup.

I'll grab one tonight at work at the moment Although I could see if i can replicate it on the 285 as it's the same drivers.

And yeah Mei Contrasty as in blurry clouds of dark pixelated cack. I didn't notice it till a few updates in.

It's definitely not right because half the night is fine and if I turn on the torch its fine. I know it's not normal because i completed the game before the problem started.

Caporegime
OP
I am waiting for the crossfire profile before playing DL but have heard that maxing the view distance has a significant impact on performance. Do you see much visual difference between having it set at 100% vs say 50%?

It certainly uses a lot more video memory. :)

I'll grab one tonight at work at the moment Although I could see if i can replicate it on the 285 as it's the same drivers.

And yeah Mei Contrasty as in blurry clouds of dark pixelated cack. I didn't notice it till a few updates in.

It's definitely not right because half the night is fine and if I turn on the torch its fine. I know it's not normal because i completed the game before the problem started.

Thanks Twst, if it was introduced in a game patch then I'll still raise it as an issue so we can communicate it to the devs to be addressed in a future patch.

Soldato
I am waiting for the crossfire profile before playing DL but have heard that maxing the view distance has a significant impact on performance. Do you see much visual difference between having it set at 100% vs say 50%?

viewdistance looks no different I swear for the fps you lose you gain so little.

Caporegime
OP
I believe game optimisations are 'embedded' in the AMD drivers so there is no profile as such, I am sure Matt can elaborate more on that though. :)

Correct, I'm not sure i really understand what point deuse is trying to make. Our single card performance is very good in this title and right where it should be.

Mei

Mei

Soldato

i believe they changed it a little in a patch but last i saw no, no difference

step1 ingame is to turn view distance to 0
a lot of the other settings have no effect bcos the game was made like p00p

Soldato
Correct, I'm not sure i really understand what point deuse is trying to make. Our single card performance is very good in this title and right where it should be.

Say I want to add a profile for one game to another. You can't do that with AMD drivers.

There is no menu telling me what profiles are working and what for. NV have a drop down menu with all the games
so you can pick and chose what profile for what game\app.
NV also scan your HD and showing you what profiles it has installed for you. AMD NOTHING.
AMD drivers don't recognise Doom BFG but NV does. That's just one of many AMD fail on.

Associate
Matt, do you have any info on what the target driver release schedule is going to be after this release. Are we going to be waiting months between drivers from now on or is the plan to go back to monthly drops again? If it is going to be a longer period is there any chance of going back to a CAPs style update so we can at least get xfire profiles a bit quicker?

Caporegime
Say I want to add a profile for one game to another. You can't do that with AMD drivers.

There is no menu telling me what profiles are working and what for. NV have a drop down menu with all the games
NV also scan your HD and showing you what profiles it has installed for you. AMD NOTHING.
AMD drivers don't recognise Doom BFG but NV does. That's just one of many AMD fail on.

What are you talking about?

You have a single card, you don't need to use any profiles either with Nvidia or AMD because the drivers do it all automatically.

What do you mean AMD drivers don't recognize Doom BFG? If you want to change settings in the AMD Catalyst control centre you would just point it in the direction of the Doom BFG .exe file and alter the settings you want and they would be applied to that game. I can see very few reasons to want to fiddle around with every game....Just change the global options and it'll be applied to everything

Mei

Mei

Soldato

o i duno
i might of missed the last couple of patches havent played it for a while
its not the grain effect you can turn off with the tweak tool? its something else?
i think you are not meant to be able to see in a lot places without the torch, part of the scary!, but yeh i duno :)

Caporegime
OP

You can add a profile to CCC too.

eccgUIn.jpg

The last problem we had with Doom BFG edition was fixed two and a half years ago in Catalyst 13.8 Beta 2.

Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.8 Beta 2 for Windows
Doom 3 BFG: Corruption issues have been resolved

I've not played DoomBFG, but i understand it's pretty much identical to Doom3 apart from some different sound effects and a few improved textures. A single 290X will max that out without breaking sweat I'd have thought.

Matt, do you have any info on what the target driver release schedule is going to be after this release. Are we going to be waiting months between drivers from now on or is the plan to go back to monthly drops again? If it is going to be a longer period is there any chance of going back to a CAPs style update so we can at least get xfire profiles a bit quicker?

Same as last year, once a month or thereabouts.

What are you talking about?

You have a single card, you don't need to use any profiles either with Nvidia or AMD because the drivers do it all automatically.

What do you mean AMD drivers don't recognize Doom BFG? If you want to change settings in the AMD Catalyst control centre you would just point it in the direction of the Doom BFG .exe file and alter the settings you want and they would be applied to that game. I can see very few reasons to want to fiddle around with every game....Just change the global options and it'll be applied to everything

:)

Caporegime
Matt, BF4 has become very choppy and virtually unplayable since I added my 290 to the 295x2. Is their something I can try? I even tried 'Low' settings but it was exactly the same?

cheers

edit - Do you have that cfg file handy so I can check my figures out? Ta

Caporegime
OP
Matt, BF4 has become very choppy and virtually unplayable since I added my 290 to the 295x2. Is their something I can try? I even tried 'Low' settings but it was exactly the same?

cheers

edit - Do you have that cfg file handy so I can check my figures out? Ta

Screenshot with an overlay running would be helpful Si.

Have you got the AMD Gaming Evolved APP running in your taskbar?

User.Cfg

Back
Top Bottom