• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Owners Thread

Soldato
Went to the guys house and everything was fine.He tested the card in front of me on Timespy,Port Royal and the speedway stress test.Got home and did a furmark test and that was also fine,so I'm well happy with what I paid

Grabbed yourself an absolute bargain there. Well done man!

Soldato
Isn’t a new 6950Xt from OCUK for £589 a better deal? (Warranty and better rasterisation and no chance of being mined on?)
I mean from memory even AMD cards that gen were mined on though much less.

I suppose it also depends if OP values RT or not. But yeah for general rasterisation performance the 6950xt is a killer from that gen.

str

str

Soldato
I wonder about the 3090TI having memory only on the front of the card. Could two of them be a significantly better option compared to 3090s for AI inference?

Associate
I mean from memory even AMD cards that gen were mined on though much less.

I suppose it also depends if OP values RT or not. But yeah for general rasterisation performance the 6950xt is a killer from that gen.
Was looking at the 6950XT,but the price I got it for,only having a 750W PSU and RT made the decision much easier

Soldato
Is Port Royal the go to benchmark for these cards ? I just accidentally bought a 3090 Ti and I've been running some 3dMark benches, Port Royal gives me pretty much bang on the average result running the card at stock, the other benches aren't quite as good though, for instance Time Spy I'm getting half the average score for the GPU and Time Spy Extreme it's about 10% below average, is this due to CPU bottleneck given the Port Royal result seems fine ? I do need to go back to CPU settings as the mobo bios update to allow for resizeable bar and it's set everything back to stock so only things I have changed are making sure the Pci slot is set to Gen 4 and allowing for resize bar

On the Time Spy I notice CPU is hitting 100% while GPU is 50% at most, so I guess it's a CPU throttle issue and given the Port Royal result the card is okay so I don't need to troubleshoot that ?

edit - Fire Strike Ultra was at the average score for GPU/CPU combo as well, so why is Time Spy being so weird ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom