• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
Are the 12VHPWR failures something us 3090 Ti owners should be concerned about? Have a slight horizontal bend in my adapter but had the card for a few months now with no issues presenting themselves.

Last edited:
Associate
Are the 12VHPWR failures something us 3090 Ti owners should be concerned about? Have a slight horizontal bend in my adapter but had the card for a few months now with no issues presenting themselves.
According to JayzTwoCents the 30-series had a different design (each pin has its own wire whereas on the 40-series pairs of wires are soldered to a foil bridge which appears to be *very* fragile).

Last edited:
Soldato

No seems the adapter for 4090s is stupidly made, the 30 series ones has a cable to each pin, where the 4090 ones doesn't have single cables to each pin and melting. Nvidia cheaped out with the connectors or their connector maker decided to cheap out or did a switcheroo from the original design.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided recently to switch on the 3090Ti's ECC memory setting in the Nvidia driver and apparently WoW does not like it, Gives me an odd DirectX error randomly every 5-10 minutes, Turn it off and it never happens.

I wonder if it's a game compatibility problem or ECC not being properly implemented in the driver.

Caporegime
(unless you're looking to harden your 3090 Ti against cosmic rays :D)
image.png

Associate
Wondering how many of the 3090TI owners eventually upgraded to the 4090. With only a 60 Hz screen, not sure if I would really spot the different although that would be great for rendering in Blender. I cannot spend $2000 every 6 months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom