• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ampere RTX 3090 Ti Owners Thread

Associate
At 75% power (1980/925) there's pretty much zero headroom for memory OC'ing (it'll drop clocks if you do) - and, to be honest, it's not necessary - I added +500 to the VRAM just to get a nice, round 11000 MHz out of it :D

If I let my 3090Ti run flat out with stock settings, it peaks at 1995 MHz and 450-ish watts - with those settings, even at 4k and an uncapped framerate, it shouldn't use more than 350W.

Soldato
At 75% power (1980/925) there's pretty much zero headroom for memory OC'ing (it'll drop clocks if you do) - and, to be honest, it's not necessary - I added +500 to the VRAM just to get a nice, round 11000 MHz out of it :D

If I let my 3090Ti run flat out with stock settings, it peaks at 1995 MHz and 450-ish watts - with those settings, even at 4k and an uncapped framerate, it shouldn't use more than 350W.

Tried your suggested settings and it's perfectly stable in benchmarks and games aswell as rendering programs, Appreciate the input and lower power :D

Associate
Last tip: If you want to use an FPS limiter, make sure you do it in the nVidia control panel - the only game crashes I've seen recently were when using RTSS' frame limiter - the nVidia one works without issue (though it isn't as precise).

Associate

How you set the specific voltage like that? Can you show you curve?

Soldato
Thanks. Do you leave the starting parts stock?

Yes, Click, Hold and drag the very far right square down to the clock you want while also holding shift, In my case roughly 1980, Then drag the little square over the voltage you want up to the clock you want, Again roughly 1980 in my case, Click apply on the main Afterburner screen and it is then set, Just make sure to save it as a profile 1-5 and then also adjust max power.

Associate
Yes, Click, Hold and drag the very far right square down to the clock you want while also holding shift, In my case roughly 1980, Then drag the little square over the voltage you want up to the clock you want, Again roughly 1980 in my case, Click apply on the main Afterburner screen and it is then set, Just make sure to save it as a profile 1-5 and then also adjust max power.
Thanks Dice. Have applied the settings. Will have a go on Div 2 tonight as that's the one that seems to crash my OCs normally. Should be a good test.

Man of Honour
OP
So my not too distant financial situation took a turn for the better, Managed to get a job that my qualifications can actually earn me some money in while I wait for my course to earn my physiotherapy qualification next year, My first pay packet isn't for another month but I had a little put aside which I used to buy my ex work mates 3090 Ti for 500 clams, Which is crazy low I know, And he threw in his custom CableMod 12 pin, He wanted rid of it quickly due to moving country with his wife, He sold his 12900K, Motherboard and DDR5 memory in a bundle to another workmate for £300, Absolute madness !

Anyway loving the performance, Got a nice undervolt going too so in my current main game of The Witcher 3 at 1440P max settings, Mods up the yingyang, I see around 170watts at a locked 60FPS :)

lPLD2oP.jpg
zoPRuGK.jpg
XBT9U1s.jpg

Welcome and on TROH.:)

The Roll of Honour.

HtMITkn.jpg
Date 29/08/2022, Make MSI Suprim, Dicehunter, Link
Date 20/08/2022, Make MSI Suprim, trawetSluaP, Link
Date 29/07/2022, Make Asus TUF, The Old School Gamer, Link
Date 08/07/2022, Make Palit GameRock, LtMatt, Link
Date 24/06/2022, Make EVGA FTW3 Ultra, clone, Link
Date 23/04/2022, Make Zotac AMP Extreme, hobib_ali, Link
Date 13/04/2022, Make NVidia FE, Kaapstad, Link
To get on the Roll of Honour all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 3090Ti

Caporegime
The 3090Ti FE is down to £1100 on Nvidias own store, Crazy low price considering what it started out as.
I'd be interested in one myself if they hadn't recycled the 3090FE cooler and left it as-is (where most AiB's improved their's). Wasn't impressed with that tbh, could do with even a slight improvement imo (although I've not used so not a personally informed opinion).

Back
Top Bottom