The Arsenal Club Thread **No Spoilers**Updated Rules - Please read before posting**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Xhaka looks like a good signing. It's a shame we are already 5 points behind.

IF Perez ad Mustafi actually add quality to the first team, then we might have a good season after all.

This is what I'm hoping for and I'm hoping Wenger gives the pair of them enough game time to let them settle in and get used to the PL.

Hopefully Perez can work alongside with Giroud and Ozil. If he can get us 20 goals a season for us then I'll be happy with that.

Xhaka I'm already impressed with, he's the DM we have been missing for the past 10 yrs. hopefully he carries on getting better and stays injury free *fingers crossed*

Soldato
This is what I'm hoping for and I'm hoping Wenger gives the pair of them enough game time to let them settle in and get used to the PL.

Hopefully Perez can work alongside with Giroud and Ozil. If he can get us 20 goals a season for us then I'll be happy with that.

Xhaka I'm already impressed with, he's the DM we have been missing for the past 10 yrs. hopefully he carries on getting better and stays injury free *fingers crossed*

I know we bought Perez as our striker but I don't expect him to get 20 goals this season. Maybe 15 with 5 + assists would be a good return.

Soldato
Christ the level of expectation people put on new signings, its insane. You're expecting a guy that has never scored 20 goals a season in his entire career to bag 20 this year, while bedding into a new team in a more physical league? I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment there.

Soldato
Christ the level of expectation people put on new signings, its insane. You're expecting a guy that has never scored 20 goals a season in his entire career to bag 20 this year, while bedding into a new team in a more physical league? I think you're just setting yourself up for disappointment there.

Actually this guy might surprise us and settle quite well and quickly. He's played in Russia so will be used to a physical league with a cooler weather temperament.

However other than last season his goals scoring record isn't very good at all. But then he's been playing with smaller teams.

Caporegime
Perez does score some tasty goals so am hoping he replicates with us.

I mean he's not the world class striker we all wanted and needed but let's give him a chance to see what he does. Hopefully Wenger plays him enough as well, we all know how Wenger loves Le donkey a bit too much:p

Soldato
Well you can't say the problem areas haven't been addressed it's just whether they can do a job or not now. Annoying it's taken this long and we're already 5 points behind.

Soldato
Xhaka looks pretty good from what I've seen so far. Mustafi can't be that bad surely? Yeah our striker is a bit of an odd one but still, lets wait and see.

Caporegime
Mustafi is a good player.

Interesting season for Arsenal, the fans have been asking for a centre back, a holding midfielder and a different forward (more established/high profile forward maybe); Arsenal have largely achieved that this market.

Mustafi is a good centre back, a strong combative midfielder, and a pacey and tidy forward.

Caporegime
So rumours abound that Eddie Howe of Bournemouth is being lined up for Wenger's job when he calls it a day.

Not sure if he is the right person for the job, I like him and think he's a good young manager but taking on a job of managing Arsenal is pretty big. And as we all know, Arsenal fans aren't exactly the most patient of fans lol.

Perhaps that's why Wilshere was sent there on loan, to see if Howe can work some magic on him. Who knows??

Caporegime
OP
So rumours abound that Eddie Howe of Bournemouth is being lined up for Wenger's job when he calls it a day.

Not sure if he is the right person for the job, I like him and think he's a good young manager but taking on a job of managing Arsenal is pretty big. And as we all know, Arsenal fans aren't exactly the most patient of fans lol.

Perhaps that's why Wilshere was sent there on loan, to see if Howe can work some magic on him. Who knows??

Would be a terrible appointment and one made purely on the basis that he would be a puppet for the board.

Man of Honour
He's a hugely impressive individual but I guess it depends on what direction the club want to go in in terms of long term / short term. Most of the decent managers have been snapped up already. He has a footballing philosophy so might make a good natural successor to Wenger. One potential pitfall however might be if Wenger 'moves upstairs' and is constantly peering over his shoulder - a bit like the situation with Dalglish and Hodgson, Ferguson and Moyes etc.

Soldato
The rumour is that Simeone at Athletico could walk away this season.

Could be available if Wenger leaves this season. However if we have a good season.... I don't see Wenger going just yet.

As part of this rumour tho is United are planning a big move if Simeone leaves for Griezmann.

---

Talking of good seasons. What is a good season in Arsenal terms? We finished 2nd last season. I cant see us actually winning the league so 2nd again would be a good achievement. We need to put in a good showing in the champions league I think.

Or maybe, the league actually is priority No1 as finishing 2nd and going out at the semis in the Champions league = zero in reality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom