The art of nodding...

SPG

SPG

Soldato
So who gets a nod and who doesnt ?

Harley Riders / Choppers = No nod + Scorn muttered in my helmet along the lines of "...kers"

Street Fighter = No Nod

Sports bikes/ Commuters = Nod maybe a wave.

Scooters = A nod if there riding it like a hooligan

Classic bikes = 100% Nod

Associate
No nods for Harley riders and those stupid things that look like a sofa with a trailer attached , pretentious and ignorant ******* all of 'em ;)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
OP
Agreed L plates get the finger, its a rite of passage, its also training for when they buy a harley/ american/ chopper style ****.

Soldato
As a new rider I find this practice a bit strange. I don't know any other people who ride bikes - my dad did but he's long gone - so waving and nodding at other bikers was never spoke of within my circle of friends and therefor I never knew about it. I experience this almost every day out on my Hornet and sometimes I wonder why they do it. I've seen nods, waving and two riders sticking their leg out.

For me it's a bit strange to wave or nod to someone on their commute to work just because their method of transport is the same as mine, I don't do it to other drivers when I'm in the car. I have given the odd nod or wave but I don't know the person behind the visor so I don't feel comfortable doing it, maybe I'll get a bit of flak here but it just doesn't make sense to me.

Can anyone else relate to where I'm coming from or am I just a selfish **** :p

Man of Honour
This thread is an example of why a lot of bikers are a bit mentally retarded. Any dumb **** can buy a rice rocket. It doesn't empower you with Moto GP levels of riding ability and therefore afford you the right to discriminate between the riders you think are worthy of a nod.

Based on those criteria, most of the people you afford a nod will be ****ers with nothing better in their life than a motorcycle that fits in with the crowd.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole practice of nodding, whilst decent and respectable in theory, is a complete diva arena. If it's something that makes you hard, then fair ****s to you but get a life.

Bikers are bikers. Introducing snobbery is pathetic.

Soldato
It's because you're/we're a large minority of the self-transporting public. Think I read somewhere that 3% of the UK population has a full bike license. That could be way off though.

It's the same with Classic Mini's. If you're in one and you see another coming the opposite way, it's the law to flash your lights and wave. :D

Back
Top Bottom