**The ASrock 939dual-SATA2 (ULi M1695) thread**

Suspended
wunkley said:
Right, I should have this little fella delivered tomorrow. Mainly because:

1. The AGP/ PCI expressx16 dual goodness - I've got a Galaxy 6800GT at the moment which is still strong, but will probably upgrade in the next 6 months or so...

2. I have the dreaded NForce 3/ 6800GT pausing and freezing problem. I've tried EVERYTHING for the last year to sort it. If in doubt see this massive thread at NVnews http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32759

I've been running my 6800GT at 380/1100 at 1.4 volt modded for the last 6 months or so. This works ok in most stuff, but gets the checkerboard effect in some games and 3dmark 2001. Apparently via based boards can run the 6800 series at normal volts ok, fingers crossed this one can do too (I've really had it with fannying aroung with this nforce 3 - MSI neo 2 plat by the way)

So, is anyone else planning on getting the new ULi M1695 based board, if so post your thoughts and results here...

Slightly off topic but thats my thread over on nvnews! Sweet, didnt know it was still a sticky... rofl.

Soldato
No, its an excellent mobo for the price,

Its just in my own experiance i cant run my ram at the rate i could in my previous motherboard.

Others dont seem to have this problem and a newer bios may fix this.

Associate
Coolasmoo said:
Thanks spell,

Perhaps its my Corsair 3200 memory.

Ive tried slackening the timings but its only when i change to 2T that i get that link to load :confused:

Odd....I'm using the Geil Value and quite happy at 1T. I tried earlier with Four sticks, two Geil Value and two Adata; had to drop to 2T but apart from that no problems.

I gather from Ocworkbench that there's another beta-bios; still at the moment I'm happy with 1.2 and probably won't change for the time being.

Suspended
KELTICKNIGHT said:
orderd it,hope l dont have to return it
have a abit av8 3eye with no problems
was getting this mobo so l could use my x800xt pe for another year before going to pci-e

I am hunting for a ABit AV8 3rd Eye motherboard, you selling?

Soldato
spell said:
Odd....I'm using the Geil Value and quite happy at 1T. I tried earlier with Four sticks, two Geil Value and two Adata; had to drop to 2T but apart from that no problems.

I thought that to,

It passed every memtest i through at it and showed no errors.

Only browsing the odd page did i find the error.

Associate
I've ordered a ASRock mobo but my current Cosair PC3200 Cas2 looks like its starting to fail getting memory errors that i've never had before.

So i was thinking of getting the Giel value 2GB kit.
I don't really plan on doing much overclocking I'd just like to be able to run the RAM at 1T cmd rate and preferably CAS 2.5 aswell.

Is this possible with this mobo/ram combination?

Got a nice new Athlon64 3000+ venice core coming so it should be a nice gaming rig till dual core takes off, and i can afford it!

Associate
pengellyd said:
Yes, it does. It has 2 x IDE connectors, 1 x floppy connector (below the bottom PCI slot), 2 x SATA connectors and 1 x SATA2 connector.

Picture3925copy.jpg

Larger picture of the board layout
great stuff thanx for the help going to order it in the next week or so

only thing that i dont like the look of is that there is no chipset cooling fans could always put a few on it i guess

Associate
smithy1983 said:
great stuff thanx for the help going to order it in the next week or so

only thing that i dont like the look of is that there is no chipset cooling fans could always put a few on it i guess

Doesn't seem to need chipset cooling fans....and it does mean that it is a nice quiet board...

Associate
Ordered one of these, along with a X2 3800 and another pair of Corsair 512MB PC3200 modules.

It should all be arriving Tuesday - so I'll let you know how I get on running 4 sticks and also if it has any X2 stability issues (I really hope not) .

Cheers,
G.

Associate
Hi guys and gals
Does anyone know if a Ti4200 will run on one of these and whether the AGP slot is 8x only or up to 8x ?

Thanx

Bias

Associate
Bias said:
Hi guys and gals
Does anyone know if a Ti4200 will run on one of these and whether the AGP slot is 8x only or up to 8x ?

Thanx

Bias
The board is up to 8x; some people have found that their boards run best at 4x for instance.

Associate
wow, talk about a fast reply !!!!
Thanks spell, well it looks like I'm ordering one of these little beauties and upgrading my GFX card nearer xmas.

Thanx agian

Bias

Associate
Just waiting on my ASRock board now, if OCuk had stocked :mad: it I would have it now as I just recieved my GeIL value 2GB RAM, Athlon64 3000+ and WD SATA II 16MB cache 250GB Hard drive. :)
Should be good when I get the board to finish it off.

Back
Top Bottom