The Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q – a 27” 1400p 144Hz Monitor with G-SYNC

Soldato
There's no reason I can see this monitor wouldn't be able to support 3d vision. It would be nuts if it couldn't.

Shame nvidia don't promote the tech anymore.

Tomb raider was the most immersive gaming of my life in 3d yet the game wasn't even advertised as being 3d ready.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OK that's good, I just didn't see it mentioned on the official rog site but since it is 350cd/m2 hopefully 3d won't be dull, dim and have washed out colours. I also wish it has the ability to store more than one custom preset. Colours on my 750d look horrible in 3d so I hope technology has advanced in that department including zero cross talk.

Last edited:
Soldato
If I had an Nvidia set-up this monitor would be high on my wishlist. As it is however, many of the features would be wasted on my current set-up and as such, the price premium wouldn't make sense. That could all change if I go Nvidia on my next round of gpu upgrades in 2015, but by then there might be a more attractive alternative.

Certainly feel a panel at this res and refresh rate is more attractive than a 4K panel at 60hz, simply for the fact that it is less demanding and seems to be pretty much in the sweet spot of image quality and practicality in terms of the gpu horsepower required to drive it.

Quite happy with my Sammy 950D at the moment, but the 3D is pretty poor with horrible crosstalk! :/

Soldato
Im tempted to pick up a 4k monitor if this isn't released soon!

Ill give it another week before i pass on this i think!

Tbh they have a deadline of June to live up to, to at least give us pricing and availability. By June the market should have plenty of ~£500 4K monitors.

I know where my moneys going if Asus are still tight lipped by then.

Soldato
Tbh they have a deadline of June to live up to, to at least give us pricing and availability. By June the market should have plenty of ~£500 4K monitors.

Ive been waiting patiently since january when this thread was started and frankly I'm bored of waiting now!

The only problem is, I'm so used to gaming at 120Hz, i don't know how ill handle anything less.

I tried gaming on an IPS screen and hated it.

Soldato
Ive been waiting patiently since january when this thread was started and frankly I'm bored of waiting now!

The only problem is, I'm so used to gaming at 120Hz, i don't know how ill handle anything less.

I tried gaming on an IPS screen and hated it.

Will take a while to adjust from fluid 120hz to a normal 60hz screen. I rarely game on my 120hz now, so used to my 1440 screen :( Took me a good while to fully get used to the slower response, but to be fair been on a 120hz screen for a good few years ;)

Soldato
Will take a while to adjust from fluid 120hz to a normal 60hz screen. I rarely game on my 120hz now, so used to my 1440 screen :( Took me a good while to fully get used to the slower response, but to be fair been on a 120hz screen for a good few years ;)

Hmm, well I haven't gamed in 2 months, I might not notice the difference now, but if I do, I have to go through the trouble of selling the 4k and buying this one when it's released.

So many choices :(

Permabanned

Same, asus are take the mick, gsync was announced before Xmas iirc so this is just stupid

Soldato
Perhaps nVidia were too quick to announce Gsync, it seems like very one is having trouble getting it in to production displays ?

Associate
This is still worth buying even for AMD users. Even when the framerate on my current 144hz screen drops right down even below 60fps the end result feels smoother than on a 60hz screen. For these high resolutions, your framerate is likely to occasionally dip a little. Okay so it isn't as good as G-Sync, but better than nothing.

X3T

X3T

Associate
I'm really looking forward to this monitor - been waiting a long time for a high resolution 144Hz panel. I was even tempted to go back to a CRT recently!

I am also an AMD graphics card owner, but I'm buying this monitor for the features other than G-Sync. I don't really understand what G-Sync does exactly, but I play everything with v-sync off and don't care about screen tearing, so I doubt it would offer any benefit.

Back
Top Bottom