The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Underboss
Jesus woken up with a mouth like Ghadis flipflop.

Seems I have recontracted men flu ebola again. Throat is wrecked, head is wrecked, ears are blocked and nose is running. Wife is upstairs feeling the same, up to me to sort out the rugrats then.

Still hoping to be on for a good portion of today, probs from lunchtime onwards, need to tske some man up pills. A coffee with a tiny tipple of Whiskey will sort me out.

So drunk last night, wathcing Mrs Browns Boy's, very nice day.

Have to fit some new fans and a fan splitter into the boys PC Today, his GPU is working but the fans are making a rattling sounds so going to remove the cooler and try and fiddle with it, if that doesn't work I'll be arranging an RMA. Also need to fit the 80i.

Maybe leave it until I feel more human tomorrow.

Soldato
Mine feels as dry as a nuns nasty Josh, I know the feeling. Get those man up pills down ya, it's double xp I hear.

Also, got another 300 jibs in ocuk vouchers, wish the next round of gpus would hurry and surface, I might waste that towards 2 970s if I get bored.

Soldato
What sort of performance should i be getting with a 2500k at 4.5ghz, crossfire 6950s, 8gb ddr3 ram?

Sort of hoped i could get a solid 60fps on high but doesnt seem to be the case for me? Maybe i have too high expectations? I am looking a getting a 970 if needs be

Caporegime
Your CPU is fine but 6950's are getting on a bit now. A 970 would be a nice upgrade and I suspect that if gaming at 1920x1080 you would see average fps in the high 80's-low 90's. Rough comparison to what I seen on one 780 which is similar to the 970. That's on max settings with x4 msaa.

Caporegime
Bushmills, your doing it wrong mate. Jamiesons for Irish whisky, used to work in bushmills distillery. All the good stuff gets exported to the usa/far east. 16 year old single malt is good if you can get it locally.:)

Hopefully get on for a few rounds today before heading out on the beer.

Soldato
What sort of performance should i be getting with a 2500k at 4.5ghz, crossfire 6950s, 8gb ddr3 ram?

Sort of hoped i could get a solid 60fps on high but doesnt seem to be the case for me? Maybe i have too high expectations? I am looking a getting a 970 if needs be

Tony should be able to give you some good relative figures given he has the a similar setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
not sure Kiwi, the 6950s are quite a bit slower than the 7950s. But Kinger, I'm getting pretty much solid 90fps maybe slight drop to 80fps at times with Ultra, 2xmsaa and 150% res scale. Rig is in my sig. You should easily be able to get 60fps Ultra at 1080p though with crossfire 6950, you might have to disable msaa but everything else should be Ultra.

Soldato
yep, sure are..epic cards they really are..I either run 2xmsaa and 150% res scale or 4xmsaa with 120% res scale just because im still on 1080 panel...either way I cap my frames to 90 as I only have a 60hz screen, it seems to be the sweet spot where I get no visible screen tear. This is the reason why I'm still running with these cards, they are simply to beastly to move to single card yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom