The be quiet! MEGA competition!

Associate
Agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

Sounds fair.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen.

I'm into my gaming but haven't dabbled much in building/replacing parts other than an SD drive and a graphics card so will be writing from the perspective of a novice, might be a bit of a different spin. Keen to try out replacing and comparing to the PSU I have currently.

Tell us why you want the PSU

Be interesting partly to figure out replacing the part but also keen to see if it can really make a difference, I don't think my PSU is loud at all but I'd be keen to see if it can perhaps be improved - something I've overlooked in the past perhaps.

Associate

So I have something to review on my own personal blog which I am gradually building up.

agree to write a short review on our shop

Not a problem, I will do one better and review it on the shop and the blog (it would be my first hands on review on something I don't own). If its as good as its advertised I will link it back to the shop for readers to purchase.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer

I will be honest and provide a fair review in my thoughts on the product. Also it would be interesting to compare it to my current power supply in both silver rating over bronze and all round sound difference.

Associate

I agree to give an honest, fair and thorough review. I will make it short and to the point. I will highlight all the positive and uncover any negative issues with the product and also give an overall summary with an extra personal view included.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen

I would like to be chosen as because I have Autism It would be a personal achievement that would make me proud that I was given the opportunity to help others understand what the product is about in my own words.

I would like this PSU because it would help me building my final upgrade for quite some time to come as my partner is expecting a new child of our own towards the end of this year and because the new addition to the family will be here soon we have to save our pennies. This PSU would help us a great deal in more ways than one.

Thank you

Associate
Tell us why you want the PSU:

Currently transitioning from AMD to Intel, there's no other way to keep a case tidy and display ready than with modular cabling. Paired with my Silent Base 600 would also make for a silent system, allowing me to record sound directly to it.

Of course! Short or long form, I'd be happy to compare and contrast the transition from a standard to modular PSU and loud to silent.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen:

be quiet! are a relatively new company in my array of hardware that I've come to trust quickly. Pouring this passion for the brand into an honest review at one of the most opportune times in my life, with both upgrading and having finished my degree, would be an honour.

Thank you for this opportunity and good luck to all who enter.

Last edited:
Associate
Tell us why you want the PSU.

Life as a component in my computer is always on edge. All my parts know that they are living on borrowed time and any day could be their last. Why? At the moment I'm using a Corsair CX600 that I bought back in 2012. Not only does this PSU have a bad track record with PSU - component relations, it's also suffering from exhaustion. Keeping a 24/7 PC powered for 4 years will do that to a PSU, so the Pure Power 9 600W will make the perfect replacement.

agree to write a short review on our shop.

I, Sharcs of OcUK forums, do solemnly swear that I will, to the best of my ability write a kickass review, a review that will measure up to the high standards of OcUK and Be Quiet, so help me God.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer.

I'll produce review that actually has some research and comparison data, complete with images and a touch of fun. Better get some wood and nails ready because you'll want to frame this one.

Last edited:
Associate

Currently running new £600 system on 5 year old PSU (please dont break)

Done! Frequently use OCUK (bought the 8Pak approved i5 6400 4.4ghz bundle a couple months ago).

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer.

My charm and charisma will woo the prospective buyers and convince them that this is the ONLY PSU for them. Not only will they want the PSU, they will want systems, chairs, peripherals, even mousemats!
I am the only reviewer you will need, OCUK.

Associate

Well... I'd have to think about it ;)
But I've thought about it, and... Yes :D

Technically... This was the only thing I had to do to get entered, soooo :) /s

Because, I'm well written. Have worked my way though the Amazon review ranks, currently sitting at just over 3k of all time top reviewers! :)
Love writing anything, user guides, work reports, essays, etc.
And be quiet! tend to deserve excellent reviews from all of my previous experiences.

I've got a NAS, it's got everything, HDDs, CPU, ECC RAM, be quiet! CPU cooler, be loud! PSU....

(And it's only 80 plus Bronze)

So I'd love a super silent be quiet! PSU to power this NAS 24/7/365, in style and in silence :)

Thanks!

Associate

No problem, I'd be more than happy to do so

I'm honest and have the ability to type words that sometimes form rather sensible sentences, I also know how to speel (sic) check and would be very happy to stand proud amongst the 20 winners.

I really need a new power supply as I'm about to build a new PC, my old PC is probably too old for to plug this one in so I'd have to test review it on my girlfriends PC. I need an upgrade to play No Man's Sky when it come out, pewpewpew.

Associate

Recently completed my first build in quite some time, a mini itx budget build and I re-used my old non modular Hiper PSU. A modular PSU would benefit such a small build greatly and is certainly needed for planned upgrades.

Agree to write a short review on our shop

Sure thing!

TREE! I AM NO TREE, I AM AN ENT!...and thus would slowly and carefully consider every word within the review, hopefully helping people make their decision.

(I hope you read that in Treebeard's voice)

Associate

I'm buying a whole new system in 4 weeks, not having to buy a PSU will mean i can get an i7!

Not a problem at all.

I think i have good english skills; i was going to review everything i was going to buy for my upgrade anyway, so i'll be doing this for free!

Soldato
Because.. please?

Tell us why you want the PSU, agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

Absolutely!

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen – last day to enter is 20/05/16.

When I'm not swearing on my youtube channel I'm generally fairly well behaved and well elequent and brilliant writing. More importantly though I'm also in the middle of spec'ing a new MITX build so saving some cash on a PSU will allow me to throw it towards more RAM or potentially some sweet cabling. :D

This is also the first all-new PC I'll ever have build for myself, seeing as previously I've always scoured the members market! I only ever build new PCs for family.

Associate
Tell us why you want the PSU, agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

I'd love to gift the PSU to my little brother because he shouldn't cheap out the power supply imo. It's not worth ruining expensive components just to save a few bucks. And yes, I'll write a review.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen – last day to enter is 20/05/16.

Sharing information ie reviewing can be extremely valuable. It has helped me a lot when I consider a purchase. I'd love to give it back by sharing constructive and useful review that'll help others.

Associate

be quiet! has very good quality products, they have very good features and I like their products. Currently I have an old FSP Blue Storm II 400W PSU, it is not silent and its capacity is not enough for further upgrades. A Pure Power 9 PSU is very silent and efficient which would be perfect for upgrades and it would not disturb with noise.

Agree to write a short review on our shop

Yes, I would write a review with pictures in the shop and the forum.

I have written short reviews for other shops. Although it was not in English it will not be a problem for me since I can speak good English. I give my honest opinion about the hardware that I review and at the end I give a conclusion with all pro and contra aspects. I would be happy if I would get a chance to write a review for Overclockers UK.

Soldato

Definitely!

I haven't built a PC (or had a PC for that matter) for over 10 years, since having various laptops and and iMac (gasp), and looking to get back into the building scene - and it would be a good starting point for me and a good prompt to get going!

Having been out of the computer component scene for such a long time, it's a whole new world for me - so i'd be reviewing and swooning (?!) as if i'd just discovered fire!

Associate
I'm building a PC for my son as a "well done for completing his final year of University present"

I have a X99-S mobo and i7 5820 and a Titan X already waiting for him in the wings (I'm upgrading to 1080 as soon as I can get my hands on one so he can have my Titan X) and need all the help I can get as this is costing a lot of dosh. All I need is a PSU, Memory, a case and an M.2 drive. If I can save on the PSU by winning one, I can get him a SSD too!

I have plenty of experience of your shops over the years and was only in your current shop recently purchasing my X-99 Sabertooth and i7 5960x and a PSU for myself, so can review it with a fresh mind.

I write some reviews already am an avid beta tester for software and racing sims and can give considered opinons without prejudice and I have started doing video reviews on Project Immersion TV, so adding a review for you on video would be a pleasure in return.

OcUK Staff
OP
Competition is now closed.

We shall be picking the winners (may take some time, as there are a lot of winners :p) soon. Will let you know here who the winners are when we've decided! :D

Underboss
Make sure you spell my name right this time. For the last 15 competitions I haven't won due to you chaps mis-spelling my forum name.

It's getting a little old now!

;)

Back
Top Bottom