• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The best and worst graphics card box art of all time

Associate
I remember the BFG box art back in the 8800 days, I had this card and it came with a Tshirt that had the same design on it. Fairly sure I still have it somewhere.

BFG-Tech-BFGR88768-GTXOCE-n-VIDIA-Ge-Force-8800-GTX-1233123538-515602.jpg

Associate
OP
I remember the BFG box art back in the 8800 days, I had this card and it came with a Tshirt that had the same design on it. Fairly sure I still have it somewhere.

BFG-Tech-BFGR88768-GTXOCE-n-VIDIA-Ge-Force-8800-GTX-1233123538-515602.jpg

That is the card that I owned and remember from years ago. :)

It came with a t-shirt, with the same design on it. Which I kind of liked at the time.

V F

V F

Soldato
Bringing back some memories. Uni, counter strike, cheaper prices, fun overclocking, 3dmark 2000, 2001 & 03. I miss it

The world and tech seemed so much different back then.

Funny that and thinking how the ATi Radeon 9700 Pro changed so many things and thinking what the flagship cards prices were back then.

"The 9700 Pro launched at $399. The 8800 GTX launched at $529 at a time when ATi'stop card, the X1900 XTX, was $499"

https://www.cnet.com/reviews/ati-radeon-9700-pro-review/

Associate
I think the worst box art is the current KFA box art FOR THE rtx30xx series are the worst ever. Who wants to look at some hooded thug you might well meet on the way back from the takeaway on a dark night?

KFa2.jpg

Associate
I think the worst box art is the current KFA box art FOR THE rtx30xx series are the worst ever. Who wants to look at some hooded thug you might well meet on the way back from the takeaway on a dark night?

KFa2.jpg

Lol I actually think this is the best one posted so far in this thread ...

At least it isn't an alien or a frog.

Well, at least its the best one with any 'humanoid' figure, the Hercules Geforce 2 MX that i posted still has it beat.

I'd prefer no 'characters' at all.

Man of Honour
Reading about Hercules going out of business is sad, they made the best cards by a landslide back then.
They were beautiful cards, even if very simple by today's standards. Don't see that kind of significant difference in PCB from AIBs so much anymore. Used the brand to sell speakers and sound cards instead, still do I think.

Associate

KFa2.jpg

Absolute lols this. An image of a hoodie wanting a scrap is the best way to entice a customer to buy your card? Some marketing that :cry:

Back
Top Bottom