The best banking intern email ever!

Caporegime
Acliff said:
Citigroup is tier 2? I know they're not Deutsche Bank, but still.
Citi is massive in the retail and wholesale sector, and it has a huge presence in the debt and capital markets in terms of size. But it's not a market leader - It's all size and no finesse.

Acliff said:
She a princess in self perception. The fact that she considers herself in the position to throw around invitations such as that, and that she's giving instructions with the assumption that everyone else is uncultured and needs education is quite amusing.
To be honest, I read the mail as if it came from a middleish class girl who thought it would be fun to have a bash at a London landmark, and made a few tongue in cheek remarks about dress code.

Unless she was a yank - In which case, she's a definite Paris Hilton-a-like, and needs to die in the face.

Associate
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Personally I don't see what's wrong with White Lightning in your local park

:D:D Ain't that the truth. Except the drunken scars and injuries you discover on your body when you wake up in a bush... sign of a good night eh?

To those who are waiting for a punchline, I don't think you'd find this kinda thing funny. To those of you with a slightly perverse wealthy hating sense of humour, you probably will.

Oh, and the thread title was the title from the news article.
There are other funny real intern/bank/lawyer emails that have spanned the internet. There was one a while back where a woman was relating exactly what she wanted from, with a run down of material assets like houses, cars, yachts and the state of the target's bank account. That got spread globally.

Last edited:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
cleanbluesky said:
ElRaz was right, we do need more Tru.

It's actually the 2nd best one I've read. Once I read one that was just so good. Even at the time I said it was likely the best banking intern e-mail I'd read, and I stick by it
That must have been a great banking intern email.

Associate
OP
Borris said:
Citi is massive in the retail and wholesale sector, and it has a huge presence in the debt and capital markets in terms of size. But it's not a market leader - It's all size and no finesse.

To be honest, I read the mail as if it came from a middleish class girl who thought it would be fun to have a bash at a London landmark, and made a few tongue in cheek remarks about dress code.

Unless she was a yank - In which case, she's a definite Paris Hilton-a-like, and needs to die in the face.

From my friend's accounts, she's so devoid of humour, she wouldn't know tongue in cheek if it slapped her in the face. (that sentence doesn't seem quite right...) The email is all serious.
Even if I wanted to throw a posh party, I don't think I could lord it over my 'friends' enough to give them entry time slots so that they could have sufficient face time with me.

Associate
OP
cleanbluesky said:
Nothing lights up a party like intern e-mails!

:D

Thank you all your bandwagoners for improving my thread.
I'm beginning to get the feeling that the typical overclockers.co.uk forum member is not really the target audience for this :p

Soldato
Acliff said:
:D

Thank you all your bandwagoners for improving my thread.
I'm beginning to get the feeling that the typical overclockers.co.uk forum member is not really the target audience for this :p

I'm glad our efforts are appreciated, although I am not sure what reaction you wanted. Also note that we are teasing you for your title, rather than the content of your post

Associate
OP
SiD the Turtle said:
Our parties are more exclusive than those of snooty City workers.

Drinking magnums of White Lightning and doner kebabs with silverware.

Cleanbluesky: I appreciate that I probably should have put quotation marks around the thread title. I know for next time that you OCuk are discerning people

Associate
Acliff said:
Citigroup is tier 2? I know they're not Deutsche Bank, but still.

Citigroup have better credit ratings than Deutsche

(I know, I've just spent the entire morning updating the credit ratings records on our Treasury system at work!)

Back
Top Bottom