The best movies you have seen recently.

Soldato
Pans Labyrinth.
The Orphanage.
Hell Boy.
Hell Boy 2.

Guillermo Del Torros work seems to be hitting the spot for me lately!

All Watched on Blu Ray,The Lossless audio on The Orphanage and Hell Boy films is amazing! The creaking and thumping of the Orphanage is very unsettling,the surround effects are startling to say the least.

Soldato
Recently, been going though a thai-fu stage, so Ong-Bak, Tom-Yum-Goong & Chocolate. Of the three Chocolate is probably the better film, but Tony Jaa is brilliant and he is not in it. If you like Jackie Chan/Golden Harvest films, then you'd enjoy them.

Also see Forgetting Sarah Marshall, that was surprisingly good.

Chocolate is a great film, only watched it a few months back. But Tony Jaa is awesome as well :)

I'd say Chocolate, Seven Pounds & Wall-E

Soldato
Walle - Absolutely fantastic film.

His actions of hoarding stuff reminds me of my rabbit (who nicks things and puts them in 'her' basket (which is actually a dog basket but hey!).

Soldato
Falling Down - recommended by a guy I used to work with, probably the best film I've seen Michael Douglas in. The main character is on the edge of mental collapse, very compelling watch.
The Rock - wanted to watch it, nothing special Michael Bay action flick.
The World's Fastest Indian - missed it the first time round, very well made film great story.
Van Helsing - wanted to see it again.
Equilibrium - missed it at the cinema, was OK borrows a lot of its themes from other works.
Mean Streets - again recommendation, found it boring tbh.
Miller's Crossing - another recommendation, bit hard to follow at the beginning but good overall.
WALL-E - wanted to see it for a while, very good film has a lot of adult themes/issues in it.
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - another recommendation, very funny and great overall.
Carlito's Way - another recommendation, Al Pacino enough said.
I'm Not There - I like Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan movie, was OK overall.

Soldato
On DVD:

Transformers - thought it was a very enjoyable film.
Old School - funny but not enough Will Ferrel.
Smokin' Aces - surprisingly good.
Hancock - Mediocre.
Snake Eyes - Should have realised it would be rubbish because Nicholas Cage is in it!

Cinema:

Milk - Fantastic film! The story is great, and the acting is superb. Hope it wins some oscars!

Man of Honour
12 Angry Men.

Really good piece of cinematography. Almost the entire film is set in one room, but it's fantastic.

It's the best film of all time for me, I'm determined that more people will watch it.

Baader Meinhof Complex (German)

Actually really quite a good film with the hottest group of terrorists I've ever seen and they've got a remarkable propensity for getting naked at the drop of a bomb.

O Brother, Where Art Thou is great and I've only just got round to watching it.
The Shining is as brilliant as it is iconic.
Princess Mononoke is as weird as any other Studio Ghibli film but no less superb for all that.

Soldato
Just watched the 'international' version of Léon. I had only seen the original version before. I enjoyed this version a lot more, including the controversial scenes that were removed from the original version.

I don't see what all the fuss was about!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom