The best screen you have bought

Associate
I remember those ViewSonic 19" monitors. It was decision between them and a samsung 930bf at the time. Ended up going for the latter but I agree those 19" 5:4 were solid - I also had 2x LG1954 for a long while, despite not being LED, these were very bright with no backlight bleed or uniformity problems. Seemed monitor manufactures cared a bit more back then.

Since making the move to widescreen, the only decent monitor i've seen is the Apple LED Cinema Display and a few Dell's using the same/similar panel.

Soldato
My Hazro HZ27WD.

First time with IPS, and I can remember the first time I fired up Skyrim on it and being blown away.

Never really bought an "expensive" screen before this. Sure, the build quality isn't amazing, but it's an awesome screen overall. I just hope nothing goes wrong with it for a very, very long time.

I am also fond of my LG DM2780D sitting next to me, just because it's my first 3d screen. sure, there are better 3d screens out now, but it works perfectly and has 0 stuck pixels.

Associate
Remembered the name of my CRT, I think it was a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro. :cool:

Excellent monitor, I had two Diamond Pro 930SB, first one came from OCUK. :)

I still use the 21" version at work along with a Dell U2410.

I've still got my 930SB, which I bought from OcUK. Over time, I've had to throw out my old CRT monitors, but the 930SB was so good, I kept it and it's now safe....er....gathering dust in a cupboard! :o

Associate
Can't remember the exact model of it but I remember my brother having a 17' Sony monitor that would do 1024x768@200Hz. It was absolutely ridiculous.

My fw900 CRT fully calibrated with a colormunki meter and its brilliant, when it dies my PC gaming will die along with it (I think)

*drools* I'd love to see one of these in person.

Last edited:
Associate
Iiyama E2409HDS. Bought it when it was on offer at OCUK and fell over backwards when I first used it. For the price it was one massive surprise. Shame they're not available any more, I'd have some more. First monitor I've ever had that doesn't make my eyes tired.

Associate
HP LP2475w

So ahead of it's time, with more connectivity that most monitors offer even today.

I have one of these now, bought in Dec 2010 to replace a good but super shiny screen NEC 20.1 that died on me.

I run two PCs on it, feels really solid. Cant really fault it except I have trouble getting the screen back "level" horizontally after I swivel it out of the way to get behind it sometimes.

Associate
For me its the Samsung S27A950D for gaming its the best panel I've owned and I've owned a few I can tell you, I don't use it for 3D but the 120Hz makes a big difference for me. Now if only I could get it in 1440P and keep the 120Hz....

Associate
Had a Iiyama 17" vision master pro, damn good monitor in it's time, and the best one was my Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 22" which enabled me to get 10th in the world rankings of Unreal Tournament Instagib (For one day only though!), used to play a lot, seriously a lot!, unfortunately it died, I briefly had a Sharp LL-191a 19" LCD which my girlfriend uses daily, can't really fault it for a dependable monitor, and I'm still running my current monitor, all these years, a Dell 2405, bought when they came out!.
I'm currently waiting for the review from Baddass of the Dell U2713H before deciding what to replace my current monitor with as it's beginning to discolor (yellow cast).

Associate
Current choice of DGM 27 IPS is fave as the panel is beautiful. 2560x1440 is mega for everything.

But going back my Cornerstone P1700 took some beating. Had a massive(for the time) 4:3 resolution of 2048x1536. I think thats whats caused my endless task in upgrading hardware. I wanted something that wouldnt slow down when gaming in that res.
Weighed an absolute ton but to have that from my old 1280x1024 screen was amazing

Associate
Mine is the Acer G24, looks great and seems very well built

acer_g24.jpg

Associate
Still using my 2004 19" Llyama HM903DT B a.k.a. Vision Master Pro 454 crt, still to this day haven't found a better looking picture quality. 1600x1200 @ 100hz on BF3 is stunning.

Back
Top Bottom