The best songs ever?

Soldato
To be honest, I would probably give a different set if you asked me in a few months, but current favourites:

House of the Rising Sun - Animals
Where is my Mind - Pixies
Zombie - Cranberries
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Associate
Cranberries - Zombie
Adele - Hello
Coolio - Gangstas Paradise
Eminem - White America
Guns n Roses - Sweet Child O Mine
Slipknot - People = ****
Immortal Technique - Point of No Return
Metallica - Sandman
Darude - Sandstorm

Man of Honour
I was just browsing Spotify and re-discovered Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, a band I'm not a huge fan or a genre I don't generally listen to, but a song I deem to be one of the greatest ever after first hearing it probably 15+ years ago.

I went to see an amazing Metallica tribute band on Saturday called Metal Militia and when this garbage came on it was toilet time.
The worst track on the Metallica album.

Caporegime
Chilis and Frusciante mentioned before me, gosh. I'll add anyway. :p

This is the best track they've ever done in my opinion.

Not his best, but one that always stands out for me. Four seemingly random guitar parts put together to create something which sounds awesome. Back when MTV dared to play good music on their channel...

Man of Honour
Hmm love these threads and seeing what people think - a good chance to expand your tastes :)

Many, many contenders from Pink Floyd - wish you were here, comfortably numb, and 'time / breathe reprise / great gig in the sky' (in a row - the latter always gets me a little misty eyed!).

I probably listen to Metallica more than any other band and I think 'One' is an absolute masterpiece. 'Blackened' is also a joint favourite (but that might be a bit too heavy for some people here).

These are some other select songs I have in a playlist called 'best of the best':

Radiohead - Paranoid Android
Beastie Boys - Sounds of Science (also makes for a fun 'spot the beatles sample' game)
Lou Reed - Perfect Day
Del Shannon - Runaway (adore that one)
Radiohead - Killing in the Name
Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
Eagles - Hotel California
Outkast - B.O.B. (always makes me smile)
Dire straights - Sultans of swing
Beatles - Help
AC/DC - Shoot to thrill
Kids in America - Kim Wilde
Everlong - Foo Fighters
Deadmau5 - I remember (another one that I find quite emotional for some reason - makes me think back of my past fondly)
Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata (the final movement is the bestest)

My tastes are pretty mainstream but I think that covers relatively wide ground... must suck not to enjoy a variety!

Back
Top Bottom