The Big Photographic Deals thread

Associate
Amazon Prime deal on the Sony A7ii with the Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens. Currently £839.00 from £1,099.00.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ILCE7...7ii&qid=1602604234&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-3

I am looking towards getting into photography, landscape photography seems to interest me the most but I will be mostly travelling around and learning it as a hobby. I understand that I will need other lenses and also understand the price range these lenses sit in so I do understand this isn't everything I will need. But as a discounted body + lens is this worth buying? I feel like it's a great opportunity to get into photography, I just need that final push from people who understand more than me before I buy something like this. Thanks.

Associate
Amazon Prime deal on the Sony A7ii with the Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 Zoom Lens. Currently £839.00 from £1,099.00.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-ILCE7...7ii&qid=1602604234&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sr=8-3

I am looking towards getting into photography, landscape photography seems to interest me the most but I will be mostly travelling around and learning it as a hobby. I understand that I will need other lenses and also understand the price range these lenses sit in so I do understand this isn't everything I will need. But as a discounted body + lens is this worth buying? I feel like it's a great opportunity to get into photography, I just need that final push from people who understand more than me before I buy something like this. Thanks.

Pretty much any newish camera is decent enough these days so as long as you're getting it below the RRP then you're ok in terms of cost and what you're buying, however, I'd advise popping into a camera shop (somewhere like WEX) and having a play with canon/nikon/sony/fugi and just see what feels right to you and what you get on with. I know with the whole covid thing going on it's not the easiest thing to be doing though!
In terms of the lens, I'm sure it'd be a fine walk around lens and good for getting use to shooting etc. I imagine if you get really into photography you'll soon find out what kind of photography you like and the kind of lenses you'll want.

Associate
Pretty much any newish camera is decent enough these days so as long as you're getting it below the RRP then you're ok in terms of cost and what you're buying, however, I'd advise popping into a camera shop (somewhere like WEX) and having a play with canon/nikon/sony/fugi and just see what feels right to you and what you get on with. I know with the whole covid thing going on it's not the easiest thing to be doing though!
In terms of the lens, I'm sure it'd be a fine walk around lens and good for getting use to shooting etc. I imagine if you get really into photography you'll soon find out what kind of photography you like and the kind of lenses you'll want.

I will pop into my local store and have a good look and feel of the different camera models etc, thank you for your advice!

Soldato
https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/special-offers.html

Photoshop and lightroom for £8.32 a month, offer valid until November 15th.
It's a good package and for those that need it a deal is a deal however the whole monthly sub thing just rankles.
Over the course of a year the amount paid in sub fees would buy you a perpetual license for Affinity Photo and either Luminar or Capture One Pro. I'm not saying these are ideal for everyone but anyone starting out would do well to at least give some consideration to those options first.
If all you need is a Photoshop type application then Affinity is a no brainer. Currently £33.99 but I often see it on offer for £23-25. Yes it's not Photoshop but it does 95% of what PS can do at a fraction of the cost and most people don't need those niche features.

Back
Top Bottom