The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
It really does feel like WWE is back again, its the best its been for a long long time. Im really interested in it again where as AEW has lost my attention, i was Ospreays stuff but thats about it from them.

Caporegime
Seems like they're also doing away with a load of Vinces weird quirks. Now they're using the phrase 'Pro Wrestling' which was basically a banned term with Vince pushing the 'sports entertainment thing for decades.

The camera work has left moron mode as well. For a while the camera was cutting and bouncing around like mad under the direction of Vince and Dunn. Some moves then had several camera cuts in the time it took to do it.

Steph burying the old man when she appeared as well, saying about it being a new era. Wonder if she will again leave if Vince gets cleared of the allegations and returns? It's no secret she's obviously ****** about him cheating on her mother and it being made public, she left several years ago, the allegations first time around hit, then he left she came back, he came back again, she left again, and now he's gone again (possibly for good this time) she's back again. Hardly coincidence.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
So glad Cody was able to finish his story.

Also Iija Dragonov coming to RAW/Smackdown....yes!

P.S Samantha Irvine is amazing!

Yeah, Samantha doesn't get enough credit from a lot of fans, just how much her announcing has an impact. Her being so emotional when announcing Cody as the winner was brilliant, because you know first and foremost, she's a massive fan of the sport, so that was completely genuine, but also, it just added so much to the end of that match for everyone watching as it catches you up in those emotions as well.

Same as last night, when she announced John Cena as part of the winning team, you can tell she really loves it and the passion comes through to us fans as well

Last edited:
Associate

llja Dragunov heading to Raw/Smackdown has got me hyped, his matches with Walter/Gunther are some of the highest rated matches in WWE history. IIja Dragunov is basically the strong style version of Dolph Ziggler ( an amazing seller )

Last edited:
Caporegime
I love Taker but his chokeslam on the Rock looked awful.

I know it’s understandable given his age and physical condition but he’s clearly losing his power rapidly. Even with Rock jumping, he couldn’t get him up or hold him for a couple of seconds for the suspense effect. Maybe it’s best he stays out of the ring completely now

Soldato
Just finished watching Wrestlemania 40 (had to work hard to avoid spoilers over the last 3 days). Probably the best Mania in the lat 20 years all the matches were fun and well put together with the surprising exception of the Uso Vs Uso match which was disappointing.

A strong showing by the women with Iyo Sky and Bailey's match being one of top three matches over both nights. Felt a bit bad Iyo womens champion but felt like she didn't get enough time to show off her impressive skill set during her reign. Full credit to Becky to battle through illness and put on a show for us and Jade Cargill looks like a future star in the making.

Feel good moment with Sami Zayn, fully deserved the title win imo given his journey since last year. Gunther will be fine, it's quite likely he'll be pushed into the main event scene after such an epic title run.

Reigns and Rhodes really stepped it up after a somewhat middling performance on night 1, great finish loved all the cameos (I'm the Undertaker biggest fan but in that situation I would have preferred to have seen Austin in that position given the history between him and the Rock at Wrestlemania).

Soldato
I love Taker but his chokeslam on the Rock looked awful.

I know it’s understandable given his age and physical condition but he’s clearly losing his power rapidly. Even with Rock jumping, he couldn’t get him up or hold him for a couple of seconds for the suspense effect. Maybe it’s best he stays out of the ring completely now
Actually not so much the spot...he uses the lever of the others guys pants to get the height, that's how it always worked, but Rock was wearing some loose bottoms, you see him go for the " handle" only for it to do nothing and had to readjust list half second that threw it off. Looks like he had to raw power it with one arm actually lol.

Reigns did real good, have to consider he's still on heavy medication.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Actually not so much the spot...he uses the lever of the others guys pants to get the height, that's how it always worked, but Rock was wearing some loose bottoms, you see him go for the " handle" only for it to do nothing and had to readjust list half second that threw it off. Looks like he had to raw power it with one arm actually lol.

Reigns did real good, have to consider he's still on heavy medication.
That must have caused some seriously painful wedgies over the years lol

How did he do the tombstone so safely over all those years? Is it true that wrestlers need permission from the WWE to do piledrivers now?

Last edited:
Soldato

How did he do the tombstone so safely over all those years? Is it true that wrestlers need permission from the WWE to do piledrivers now?
Yea it surly did, depending what they where wearing you could see some extreme cheek getting wretched up lol. He would do the same the " The Last Ride", he used the waistband to get even more height on it.
Yea Piledrivers are pretty much out now, not sure apart from the usual permission if they call the match spots before hand.

Caporegime
CM Punk was on Ariel Helwani podcast just before Wrestlemania and addressed his backstage fight with Jack Perry.

AEW decided to air the backstage CCTV footage last night to try and pop a rating, but the footage was pretty much how CM Punk said it went down, so I've no idea why they did that.

Associate
Things like

I always wondered about the Tombstone over the years as it looks like an accident waiting to happen as with a lot of the moves hence why always amazed at when they pull things off.

Even at WM40 the RKO to IShowSpeed was made to look half decent even with a person not involved in the industry.
The multiple Cross Rhodes to Roman. Rollins wasn't allowed to do the The Stomp but it is back.

What gets me always is Rock's finisher was no way as lethal looking as his peers but it always got the hype on the commentary.

Rock selling Austin's stunner was always great as he put the extra bounce in and flopping around.

Back
Top Bottom