The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Man of Honour
Hey guys

Some might argue the sports forum is the wrong place for this, and it's more suited for Music and Box Office, but it's on Sky Sports so thats good enough for me

So who's watching this then?

I can't wait myself, I was a bit sceptical about paying for it after paying for the Royal Rumble and it turned out to be utter poo, but this definitely looks like it's going to be a lot better

Some really good matches

Triple Threat match for the WWE Championship:
Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

Money in the Bank ladder match:
Mr. Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho vs. Carlito vs. Montel Vontavious Porter vs. CM Punk vs. John Morrison

No Disqualification matches:
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. The Big Show
Umaga vs. Batista
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
If Flair loses the match, he must retire from wrestling.

Playboy BunnyMania Lumberjack match:
Maria and Ashley vs. Beth Phoenix and Melina

Belfast Brawl:
Finlay vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Pre-show: 24-man Interpromotional Battle Royal
The match will be held before WrestleMania and will stream live on WWE.com
Participants are: Elijah Burke, Lance Cade, Deuce, Domino, Tommy Dreamer, Jim Duggan, Festus, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Hardcore Holly, Jesse, Kane, Brian Kendrick, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Shannon Moore, Trevor Murdoch, Jamie Noble, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Snitsky, Stevie Richards, Val Venis and Jimmy Wang Yang.
The winner will face Chavo Guerrero for the ECW Championship later that night.

ECW Championship:
Chavo Guerrero vs. TBD

I can see Cena winning his title back and having it for a very long stint again. Also I think Flair will finally get retired tonight, seems a fitting end to his career after being inducted into the hall of fame and being at the biggest Wrestlemania ever.

Also, big talking point, Mayweathers match, seriously wtf as this. I hate the guy, but can't see them making him lose or he'll be a bigger laughing stock than he already is for doing it

Man of Honour
OP
I hope JR and Jerry Lawler are commentating all the way through tonight. Hate the new main event commentry system as of late. Each match has different commentators depending on the brand

JR is great too, something quite funny about how excited he gets

"OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY HE'S JUST BROKEN HIM IN HALF"

My personal favourite

"He's just whipped him like a government mule"

Man of Honour
OP
Anyone else find it quite moving when Ric Flair asked Michaels to give him the Sweet Chin Music, Shawn really didn't want to and said "I'm sorry" as he knew he'd retired him :(

Excellent event, best Wrestlemania for a while, only dissapointment was Orton retaining the title

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Loved the Ric Flair goodbye on Raw, really started to well up when everyone was crying, especially when his family came out

A true legend

Thanks for the memories Ric

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man of Honour
OP
I was thinking of getting this thread renamed to the WWE thread so we can talk about all the events and shows

So if a mod passed by, could they do that pretty please :)

But yeah looking forward to Backlash, Big Show vs Khali match should be good :p:D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Nope Undertaker will be champ for a while yet, he was promised it after getting injured last time. Its just to get more heat on Edge. For spoilers this is the promotional poster for Night of Champions (aka Vengeance)

vegeancebg4.jpg

Oh where did you find that poster

Thats a bit stupid releasing it this early isnt it

So Orton and MVP win their titles back? :(

Poo

Man of Honour
OP
:(

Wondered why I hadn't seen him, any idea what the substance was?

I'm surprised I must say, wouldn't expect a guy like him to take stuff like that, not like hes a big guy lol

Man of Honour
OP
Really? :eek:

I didnt watch it as the order didnt clear for some reason, checked the results first thing on WWE.com and noticed that the Henry match wasn't there

Any more news?

Back
Top Bottom