Loved the original...

Suitably odd trailer found on the Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/250900/

Key Features:

Over 500 hours of gameplay
4 BILLION Seeded runs!
20 Challenge runs
450+ items, including 160 new unlockables
Integrated controller support for popular control pads!
Analog directional movement and speed
Tons of feature film quality animated endings
Over 100 specialized seeds
2-Player local co-op
Over 100 co-op characters
Dynamic lighting, visual effects and art direction
All-new game engine @60FPS 24/7
All-new soundtrack and sound design
Multiple Save slots
Poop physics!
The ultimate roguelike
A bunch of achievements

Uber secrets including:

10 Playable Characters
100+ enemies, with new designs
Over 50 bosses, including tons of new and rare bosses
Rooms FULL OF POOP!
Mystic Runes
Upgradeable shops

Will be picking this one up :D

Man of Honour
Looking forward to this. Hopefully it will break my current "not really enjoying games" spell.

What on earth is a seeded run? Also pre ordered yesterday, and due to having the first BoI, 33% off!

Normally everything is randomly generated - if you use a seed the generation will be the same every time with that seed. I imagine this will be useful for competing speed runs/etc.

Associate
We're nearly there :D Been looking forward to this for so long. Have around 300 hours in the original. Awesome game, one of my favs of all time.

Soldato
Yeah the original was excellent, here's hoping this is just as good.

One of the devs on my friends list has been playing it for the past few weeks, always made me jealous every time I saw it booted up :(

Associate
Been watching Northerlion play it too.

I only recently discovered the Binding of Isaac and have already put 80 hours into it and only 60% complete.

So i will put off buying the sequel for a while.

Man of Honour

I only recently discovered the Binding of Isaac and have already put 80 hours into it and only 60% complete.

Personally I'd just skip straight to this one - there will be a lot of similar content in the two games and there's not much point forcing yourself through it twice.

Associate

Yeah as the guy above said, the new game is very similar, just improved visuals (imo), better performance and extra content. Also you still have 30 mins to get a 33% discount.

Then again if you don't feel like spending about a tenner on a similar thing that's fine too :D

EDIT: Oh it's available for pre-load! 300mb.

Caporegime
I've tried a couple of times to play the original and don't get it. I've only made it through a dungeon or two, am I missing something? It seems like a really basic shooter/dungeon crawler.

Soldato
It is basic in a sense of "go into room, shoot to clear, next room" but there are a lot of items, combos to be had, consumables and enemies etc combining all these possibilities can make for interesting runs. It definitely gets a lot harder once the basements are cleared.

Associate
Yeah the more you play the more you appreciate it. Saying that, if you have no interest then I doubt it will ever happen.

Also 35 mins past release and it's still not out on steam D: Must have some issue going on. noooo :(

Back
Top Bottom