The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - thread

Associate
Killed Mom (depths 2) second run which was pretty awesome, but haven't had much luck otherwise so far!

Game is awesome, performance is great and it seems there's a lot more to the game now.

Though I do kinda miss the music of the old one, as this is more atmospheric than tuneful.

Looking forward to trying this on the vita tomorrow!
Shame it's not got all the fancy graphics involved. Hopefully the difference isn't much.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've tried a couple of times to play the original and don't get it. I've only made it through a dungeon or two, am I missing something? It seems like a really basic shooter/dungeon crawler.

It is, but sometimes less is more. BoI trades on being simple and accessible, but with increasing levels of complexity and difficulty that unlock as you get further. It also has a backstory that assembles piece by piece as you unlock everything, so make sure to watch each cut scene once.

Associate
Why on earth was mouse control removed from the game? I wasn't aware of this before purchasing and as a result I've gone from "Platinum God" to "Lucky to clear the first floor".

:(

Soldato
Am I being crazy or did the original game name the items once you had picked them up for the first time. So when you go into the game menu and look at all the items unlocked you could click through them and it would show the name + the picture.

This version only shows the picture.

Soldato
Had a really good run with Azazel (very fun and interesting character).
I went to the womb and found a room that looked like a very large dice. It had some random pickups in it and then the whole screen shook and I think it rerolled all my items. Turned a pretty meh run super OP.

I also had 3 pretty flies and it seemed impossible to take damage from standard projectiles. Can anyone else confirm?

Am I being crazy or did the original game name the items once you had picked them up for the first time. So when you go into the game menu and look at all the items unlocked you could click through them and it would show the name + the picture.

This version only shows the picture.

I cannot remember that happening in any of the patches, and the latest version allows you to click on items but it does not show their name.

Soldato
Tammy's head and Brimstone make a silly combination, they can one shot mums heart.

Game has so much luck involved, but that only adds to the enjoyment when you finally get a good run going.

Associate
Picked this up, gave it a good hour last night. Really enjoyed it, had to force myself to get to bed.

Anyway to increase the resolution of the menu in fullscreen?

Soldato
Azazel for best character? I love using him but I don't think the range stats effect him :/

Fair warning: the game currently has Issues with Logitech keyboards. It won't work at all with a G110, and other models are demonstrating serious problems with charged items. This means Brimstone and Cursed Eye should not be picked up (not that Cursed Eye should anyway, it's horrible), and Azazel is completely unplayable.

Soldato
Just had an OP Azazel run and unlocked Dark boy finally, which is all of the take no damage achievements done.

Second boss = Devil deal brimstone, from then it was pretty much GG!

Associate
Just had an OP Azazel run and unlocked Dark boy finally, which is all of the take no damage achievements done.

Second boss = Devil deal brimstone, from then it was pretty much GG!

Nice one. Dark boy was one of the toughest achievements in the original game imo. Did you get the full range brim with Azazel when you picked it up? I've not seen brim at all yet, although had a run with lil brim who's awesome. :D

Just done the boss rush room. :eek: Just wandered in there with no idea what it was. Good fun :cool:

Back
Top Bottom