The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - thread

Soldato
oh man, I've been trying to unlock the D6 on and off for the past week. Finally i did it and went on to kill the chest boss ??? with blue baby (???).

Only then did i realise I have been playing it on hard... Dam I didn't even get a mega combination, bomb bag was probably the difference between completing and not...

Associate
D6 is..?

Also what do you get for doing all the challenges?

D6 is the dice you unlock when you "Beat Isaac in the Cathedral with ??? (Blue Baby) "

Isaac then starts with this item all the time, and it enables you to reroll any items in the room randomly into something else.

Last edited:
I haz 4090!
Don
I've just discovered this game, and I'm totally addicted! I'm still pretty noobish, trying to learn what all the drops do and which combos are the best. Amazing game though, I didn't really 'get' it at first, but I've been watching a lot of it on twitch and it's totally sucked me in. Considering a Vita so I can play when I'm out and about. :)

Soldato
There are some online wiki's you can use if you want to know what all the items do, have a quick google search. Though I guess you might want to find out by trial and error. :)

Soldato
I'd say it took me about 20/30 hours to get used to it.

However, i never played the first Isaac.

Up until that point i found myself taking stuff that would ruin my run, like Tiny Planet with the Moms Knife, Dead Cat without realising it would take my red hearts, Bob's Brain exploding in my face etc.

There is a streamer called CobaltStreak, whom of which is pretty much a god at Isaac, i learned a lot just from watching a few of his runs.

Soldato
CobaltStreak is a very very good isaac player.

I learned nearly everything about the game from a youtuber called bisnap who explains what each item does when he picks it up and talks a lot about the strategies you can take.

Just avoid NorthernLion for any help. Utter scumlord and probably to worst gamer I have ever watched. However he is also one of the most entertaining.

Soldato
I'd say it took me about 20/30 hours to get used to it.

However, i never played the first Isaac.

Up until that point i found myself taking stuff that would ruin my run, like Tiny Planet with the Moms Knife, Dead Cat without realising it would take my red hearts, Bob's Brain exploding in my face etc.

There is a streamer called CobaltStreak, whom of which is pretty much a god at Isaac, i learned a lot just from watching a few of his runs.

Evidently not that Dead Cat is one of the best items in the game, though. It only ruins runs if you're a bad player and you don't have a source of soul or sin hearts. Once you're reasonably adequate you'll love seeing it because it's part of the Guppy combo.

Don
ok

I just got the mind, the body and the soul

I swear to god it nearly made me commit suicide, my death streak was upto 487 and I reckon I reset the game at least 20,000 times, worst thing about that was I made it to the lamb about 10 times once with holy mantle and cursed skull (can't lose combo but I quit after dying to him over 100 times) but I just lacked the ability to kill him due to lack of damage. A second ago I killed him in about 3 seconds thanks to a billion flies and scythes the size of the screen!

Now onto godhead......

:eek: :eek:

Evidently not that Dead Cat is one of the best items in the game, though. It only ruins runs if you're a bad player and you don't have a source of soul or sin hearts. Once you're reasonably adequate you'll love seeing it because it's part of the Guppy combo.

when playing as 'the lost', dead cat is one of the best items :D

Don
oh poo, literally since last posting I got lucky with a full guppy (no 9 lives, bloody hair ball), brimstone, infestation and infested baby combo, was chucking out serious damage, made it to boss rush, was going great and I flew over a red poo.....

sob sob :(

What I will say, once I've got godhead the game is going to be stupidly easy, not because of the item, but because I've been playing as the lost for so so long :p

Associate
Finally got back to some rebirth. :D Not too far off plat god. Missing meat boy, bandage, donations 400+, 100 deaths and suicide king. Should have had the bandage yesterday with Book of Revs + There's Options but didn't get a horseman on caves so ended up with a T3 :( That one and meat boy seem a real pain in rebirth, too much RNG. Also died on Isaac doing suicide king due to low damage. Very annoying challenge but managed to get some sort of technique down for it. Have thus far avoided using any seeds or glitches, feels a bit cheap otherwise.

Really enjoying the game. Wasn't sure initially as it does feel different to the original, but I guess that was probably due to being so used to the old one.

oh poo, literally since last posting I got lucky with a full guppy (no 9 lives, bloody hair ball), brimstone, infestation and infested baby combo, was chucking out serious damage, made it to boss rush, was going great and I flew over a red poo.....
The red poops are what gets me the most on boss rush, hate the Carrion Queen. :mad: She gets focused down asap. The Monstro II & Gish wave can be a pain too.
You must be close to real plat god? :cool:

Soldato
I'm pretty much at the point where i need to play The Lost now, not looking forward to restarting runs 100 times over just to find a Dead Cat / Holy Mantle. :/

Don
Finally got back to some rebirth. :D Not too far off plat god. Missing meat boy, bandage, donations 400+, 100 deaths and suicide king. Should have had the bandage yesterday with Book of Revs + There's Options but didn't get a horseman on caves so ended up with a T3 :( That one and meat boy seem a real pain in rebirth, too much RNG. Also died on Isaac doing suicide king due to low damage. Very annoying challenge but managed to get some sort of technique down for it. Have thus far avoided using any seeds or glitches, feels a bit cheap otherwise.

Really enjoying the game. Wasn't sure initially as it does feel different to the original, but I guess that was probably due to being so used to the old one.

The red poops are what gets me the most on boss rush, hate the Carrion Queen. :mad: She gets focused down asap. The Monstro II & Gish wave can be a pain too.
You must be close to real plat god? :cool:

97%

It's slowly driving me mad :p

Back
Top Bottom