*** The Brand New Post An Image Of Your Desktop Thread ***

Soldato
zxqCdY.png
Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Soldato
I deg to biffer!

Agree to disagree on this one... whilst you do get +1 for having no ugly recycle bin + my computer or any other desktop icons, I still think your start menu would look better if it consisted only of the column on the left (and to be honest even the "most used" and "recently added" could be cut as well)

Each to their own of course :p (provided "your own" fits into Microsoft's tightly restrictive stance on customising things)

Soldato
So finally decided to revamp Rainmeter with a Windows 10 feel and a little influence from Google's Material Design:

ZHIidPel.png.jpg

This is on my second screen. Windows 10 finally got me to have no desktop icons on the desktop and I pinned the ones I usually use on the start menu. Looks a lot more tidier now.

May play around with Pinmore as I did use OblyTile on 8/8.1.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice :) Got a link to a .rmskin file anywhere?

First time making a .rmskin even though I've been using it for a few years :p.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwQJqwBIsTP5V1BwZlNkaVpIZUk/view?usp=sharing

Requires MSI AfterBurner and the plugin: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=319558

Some fields I couldn't get from the system automatically so you will need to fiddle with it.

I could probably use another monitoring program to get more accurate information like actual CPU speed (Windows has problems reading what clock newer CPUs run at due to turbo boost) but I don't really want too much stuff running in the background.

Last edited:
Soldato
First time making a .rmskin even though I've been using it for a few years :p.

I could probably use another monitoring program to get more accurate information like actual CPU speed (Windows has problems reading what clock newer CPUs run at due to turbo boost) but I don't really want too much stuff running in the background.

Nice one :) Thanks for sharing... I will probably tweak it to use the OHM plugin as that's what I usually go for and it's quite light on resources (I can post it back here once I have in case you're interested?)

Soldato
Nice one :) Thanks for sharing... I will probably tweak it to use the OHM plugin as that's what I usually go for and it's quite light on resources (I can post it back here once I have in case you're interested?)

OHM looks pretty good, I'll have a look at it, thanks! I don't even use MSI AfterBurner for overclocking/frame rate control any more :p.

EDIT: Seems the plugin is very outdated and doesn't work with Windows 10.

Last edited:
Associate
4ArWO8h.jpg
Been a while, I thought I'd update.

Images over 1,280 pixels wide should be placed in spoiler tags as I've done for you.

Cheers

Surveyor

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom