Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Why? What's wrong with it? By routine are you thinking about polishing your glass weekly? Monthly?
Snip

I am just making a list to do/rota, also looking at products I own but have not used. Some stuff will be weekly, some monthly, judging from advice here I see this should be 6 months or so.

Nothing wrong with it, other than being neglected since mid last year. I have time at the moment as off work, but can only do things stood up due to recent surgery. Seemed like a good height!

Cheers for the advice everyone :)

Soldato
Gents,

Recently picked up a soft-top Z4 and I'm looking at having a decent interior/exterior valet carried out, I came across this http://www.solovaleting.co.uk/gold.html and for ~£140, it doesn't seem too bad, especially with the good reviews I've seen elsewhere of his service.

EXTERIOR

Apply wheel cleaner (product used dependent upon wheel type) and agitate

Iron decontamination for alloy wheels

Thoroughly rinse wheels to remove cleaning agent

Apply citrus wash de-greaser to lower half of car

Snowfoam bodywork, wheels & wheel arches

Cold water rinse vehicle

Hand wash shampoo using lambswool wash mitt and the 2 bucket method

Cold water rinse vehicle

Dry vehicle using microfiber towel

Tyres dressed

Glass cleaned

Glass polished

Remove tar spots

Clay bar bodywork

Apply polish and buff paintwork with microfibre cloth

Apply paintwork sealant / wax and buff paintwork with microfibre cloth

Plastic trims dressed

Chrome trim (where applicable) cleaned and buffed

Alloy wheels sealed and protected

Hand spray engine bay with degreaser and agitate

Cold water rinse engine bay and dry with air blaster & microfiber towel

Run engine for short period prior to dressing engine bay

INTERIOR

Clean interior surfaces including dashboard, door panels, headlining, visors, grab handles, seatbelts, etc

Comprehensive vacuum including boot area

Shampoo mats, seats and carpets

Leather clean and hide food applied (if applicable)

Plastics dressed (if requested)

Door shuts and rubbers cleaned and dressed

Glass/mirrors polished

Air freshener applied if desired

If I were to buy the stuff needed to do this (excluding pressure washer/hoover etc), such as the wax/polish/cleaning products, how much do you think it'd cost? And what would I need?

Also, having never properly polished/waxed a car, do you reckon I'd probably make it worse having a crack at it? :p

Soldato
Gents,

Recently picked up a soft-top Z4 and I'm looking at having a decent interior/exterior valet carried out, I came across this http://www.solovaleting.co.uk/gold.html and for ~£140, it doesn't seem too bad, especially with the good reviews I've seen elsewhere of his service.

If I were to buy the stuff needed to do this (excluding pressure washer/hoover etc), such as the wax/polish/cleaning products, how much do you think it'd cost? And what would I need?

Also, having never properly polished/waxed a car, do you reckon I'd probably make it worse having a crack at it? :p

More than £140 but it won't run out in one go. The above is probably a good 8hrs worth of work. Doubt you'll make any mess with polish.

Soldato
More than £140 but it won't run out in one go. The above is probably a good 8hrs worth of work. Doubt you'll make any mess with polish.

Yeah, for 8 hours work plus costs it doesn't seem too bad for me. I think I'll just pay someone to do it for the first time, then do some research into what I need to get for the next time around!

Caporegime
On the subject of glass, is there anything that can be done with my scratched up windscreen on the BMW? Loads of light scratches on the outside which make visibility difficult in direct bright sunlight. Or is it a new windscreen jobbie?

Soldato
On the subject of glass, is there anything that can be done with my scratched up windscreen on the BMW? Loads of light scratches on the outside which make visibility difficult in direct bright sunlight. Or is it a new windscreen jobbie?
They will potentially polish out, but you'll need some proper glass polish and a machine polisher of some description.

Soldato

I've got some ceriglass, you don't half leave things to the last minute! We could have got some pads :p I've got a hand applicator that we can give it a go with...

Worse case, I have a hammer.

Associate
Had the snow foam out today! Man i missed snow foam lol!
also bought some stuff, ran out of hood protector and glass cleaner today so got some new products as well as some misc stuff

Capture_zpshjvprwlh.png

Soldato
After less than a year of irregular use my cheap eBay snow foam lance has broken - mid use the adaptor split and high pressure water was blown backwards towards my face.. not a nice experience.

The bottle has always been well looked after, never dropped and it's kept on a shelf in a garage only I have access to.

Soldato
BH Snow foam
Washed twice
Hand polished

xTwK1Za.jpg

Would Wax it but i really can't be arsed after how long it has took to hand polish it. Just realised how much i don't enjoy properly cleaning a car anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah im glad i did it now. Only took a hour-ish to do thank god. Swear polishing took about 3 hours, was doing my head in lol.

Even went on to polish the exhaust with some wire wool which has made it look 10x better.

Car had a full detail just before i bought it so i have only had to snow foam and dry it for it to look mint again. Thought i best get some polish n wax on so i can carry on just only having to foam n dry it.

should have got a photo really, but i forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom