Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Can anyone make any recommendations for a detailer around Milton Keynes/Buckingham/Northampton/Bedford area? I’ve come across an outfit online called DetailR but I’ve no personal experience of them.

I’m looking for someone to do paint correction and protection on the M3 as it’s pretty badly swirled.

Associate
Can anyone make any recommendations for a detailer around Milton Keynes/Buckingham/Northampton/Bedford area? I’ve come across an outfit online called DetailR but I’ve no personal experience of them.

I’m looking for someone to do paint correction and protection on the M3 as it’s pretty badly swirled.

Dooka in Northampton.

Soldato
I gave my car it's first wash since the 2 weeks of rain/snow. These were from when I rinsed it down before washing. It hasn't been waxed since August/September time (Megs Ultimate Wax) and was washed once with Gyeon Bathe+ about a month ago. Pretty impressed with it. I didn't get any 'after' shots as the water was drying on the car too fast.

What's the best way to wash the car in the sun? I don't have anywhere I can wash it in the shade and in the middle of summer when it's 35c+ it gets a bit problematic as it dries before I finish washing one side. I end up stopping every minute or so to spray it down.

I've also bought a Gyeon towel and it's seriously impressive.

Sorry for the crap photos, it was unbelievably bright and the phone screen was hard to see.

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

Associate
I’m sure there were pressure washers you could buy for £50/60 (Karcher/Nilfisk) which includes either the patio cleaner or car bits but now they all seem to be £150+, what’s going on or do I just wait for a sale?

Soldato
I’m sure there were pressure washers you could buy for £50/60 (Karcher/Nilfisk) which includes either the patio cleaner or car bits but now they all seem to be £150+, what’s going on or do I just wait for a sale?
I think the c110 is what I have, although looking on Amazon they do seem to be a bit more expensive than they were.

Associate
Thought I should add my thoughts after picking up a new foam for easy washing.

With two kids under 2yo and a works injury leaving me with a bulging disc in my back, I'm not likely to be able to do much car washing for a while! I've tried a couple different snow foams, last being some left over ValetPro Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, always left with a feeling of it being a half decent pre-wash, but nothing more than that.

I highly rate the Bilt Hamber shampoo so with some positive reviews I bought 5l of the auto-foam.

I had a very dirty Mazda5 that has been caked in mud for a couple of weeks. Followed the dilution rate from the OP, and ended up with just over 50% of foam to water. Used about 300ml of the 1l with about 1.5 passes of the car.

Car was wet as it was beginning to rain heavily.

WOW

I had no real expectation of it working as well as it did, in fact it worked so well, I won't be getting my two buckets out for a mitt wash for a long while!

I then decided to by some Hydro2 Lite as I'd seen a lot of great reviews and again as above I needed something that didn't need much work.

Soooo easy to apply and wash off, took about 5 minutes for the Mazda5 and less for the Leaf. I can't vouch for the durability as it's only been on a couple of weeks, but so far it beads as good asl every wax/sealant I've ever used.

My future will consist of moderately dirty car getting a snow foam then anything heavier or monthly/bi-monthly will also include a wash with the Bilt Hamber shampoo, then every 3-6 months depending on beading a spray of Hydro2 Lite.

edit:
Just ordered some Garry Deans The Perfect Soap wash to try as I fancied something new and the feedback is amazing.

Last edited:
Associate

Old mate of mine Steffan Samara lives in Wellingborough is awesome. Look up his business on Facebook "Gloss My Ride" he's valeted and detailed lots of high end motors. Tell him Dan from Andover recommended him and he'll take good care of you - he's a top bloke.

Shawrey

Man of Honour
Disaster.

My Nilfisk C110 lance handle has gone bust. Looking online, seems the O-rings in these are prone to failure. I've ordered a new handle part for £25. Not ideal, but the C110 has gone way up in price since when I bought it for £77, now it's over £100 :eek:

The original handle has lasted 3 years, so £25 for 3 years o-ring service seems a fair cop. Sadly the o-rings are not standard size, so can't replace them on their own :rolleyes:

Anyway, no car washing for me this week it would seem.

Annoying because I drove through a white slush filled mess of a road no thanks to construction work vehicles and now all of my arches are caked in white crap...

Last edited:
Associate
Mrk, you can buy any size of o ring you will need, just get the old ones out and measure the internal diameter and thickness. The only other variable is the material.

It will cost you a couple of quid at most.

Matt

Man of Honour
Mrk, you can buy any size of o ring you will need, just get the old ones out and measure the internal diameter and thickness. The only other variable is the material.

It will cost you a couple of quid at most.

Matt

It's too late! I opened it up to investigate and the spring went flying into what appeared to be low earth orbit :(

Associate
Wheel sealant, talk to me!

I have my wheels in for a refurb this week so want to protect them when it's done. Seen plenty about these ceramic sealants so is there any recommendations?

CarPro c.quartz and gtechniq C5 seem to be the two most commonly suggested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom