Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I did find I used half a bottle though for one wash but my wheels were in a mess so did them with spray, jet washed and then did a round 2 to get callipers and further into the wheels done. Looked great when done but that first round was what impressed me most, cleared a lot more than the other products I mentioned above.
Buy it in the 5L size, makes it way cheaper and should last a good while. Also buy a chemical resistant spray bottle to decant it into.

All you should need to do is give the wheel a decent covering, leave it for a few minutes and then agitate with your wheel brush. You should be able to get into the barrel of the wheel and get the calipers done with just one application.

Man of Honour
25612929987_e42e6f6ebd_k.jpg
40440940952_e18aecb356_k.jpg
38648176190_99a2e9d8f5_k.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I like snow foam thick and foamy like Housey has his. It means it dwells really well, and the point of snow foam is for it to dwell so it thoroughly soaks the dirt and helps to lift it from the paintwork so when you pressure wash it off most of the dirt comes with it.

I normally put about 1 1/2 inches of Magifoam in the bottle then fill with hot water and set my lance to maximum foaminess, which easily gives 45 mins dwell time. Plenty of time to clean the wheels whilst it sits there soaking.

Man of Honour
It just takes longer to come off, but it still comes off and gets wetter as it does so. Frankly I don't think it matters how thick it is in real terms and you still need to wash the thing afterwards, it just gets it started.

Associate
My bottle of Hydro2lite is almost finished and while it's very simple to apply and gives good protection, it falls short in the longevity department. The other thing I don't like is the occasional streaks, although that could be due to the hardness of my water.

Think I'll go back to traditional waxes and may try Collinite 845.

Associate
hi guys, im looking for recommendations for a car shampoo not after anything fancy just something that is half decent.
Used Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner would be happy to get this again just seeing what alternatives there are for similar or cheaper?

Associate
hi guys, im looking for recommendations for a car shampoo not after anything fancy just something that is half decent.
Used Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner would be happy to get this again just seeing what alternatives there are for similar or cheaper?

By far the best shampoo I've used that's easily available would be Bilt Hamber Auto Wash Car Shampoo, Halfords have it for around £10, it's super concentrated so be careful when using it as it feels wrong putting so little of a product in a bucket for a wash!

Might be of interest to you: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=363239

Soldato
Bilt Hamber is good, Im also a huge fan of Meguiars Gold Class shampoo - provides lots of lubrication and is excellent at removing crap, including baked on bugs! It's also available in Halfords.

Soldato

Car shampoo's are all a little bit subjective but I'd agree that Bilt Hamber AutoWash is very good. It's doesn't make as rich a lather as some but it does clean well and sheets off the car very well to help prevent water marks. I've been using it since it appeared. With it being so concentrated it last forever. My other goto shampoo is Mer High Shine, it's been around for donkeys years in one form or another, it's not as popular or fashionable as some highly advertised products but I quite like it.

I'm a big fan of Autoglym stuff, but their car shampoo is a little disappointing compared to most of their products.

Soldato
+1 for auto wash

And you definitely only have to use a tea spoon of it, last time I put a bit too much in and it didn't feel right was too much lather. This shampoo is definitely about the cleaning power, use the right amount and it's smooth as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom