Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
I'm a big fan of Autoglym stuff, but their car shampoo is a little disappointing compared to most of their products.

It goes back to your car shampoos are subjective comment, but personally have no issues with autoglym bodywork shampoo, and can't see what benefit switching to something likely more expensive would bring. Although it doesn't lather it is very slick and so cleans well with a mitt, don't need to use much and smells great.

Soldato
It goes back to your car shampoos are subjective comment, but personally have no issues with autoglym bodywork shampoo, and can't see what benefit switching to something likely more expensive would bring. Although it doesn't lather it is very slick and so cleans well with a mitt, don't need to use much and smells great.

Yeah, you're spot on. So long as you're happy with it, it doesn't really what other folk think. I don't think there are any really bad products out there, though as you say some are overpriced for what they are.

Soldato
Good trick with shampoo is to put just a drop of snow foam concentrate in the bucket before you fill it up, it'll make the lather stick to the bodywork for longer and also lubricate the wash mitt better against the paintwork.

Caporegime
Ive only used Meguires, Autoglym and Wonder Wheels (years ago) products and it was better than all those various products.

loads better as the Bit Hamber is a fall out remover as well (Can use it on paint work as well the same as there korrosol).IT dose an amazing job of cleaning i use it for heavy wheel clean up mainly and then use Bilberry for every day use as the price makes sense for long term use .

Bilt Hamber products are top notch from my experience, they do a good clay bar and I've used their anti-corrosion stuff too.

Used it this morning... it's extremely good. But god damn it smells! :D

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Absolutely gutted, after spending 18 months looking after the car using the 2BM and polishing and waxing regularly, i made the fatal mistake of going to the local eastern european hand wash, i'd done my back in and needed the car clean for a visit to a client with the boss.

The cleaning chaps have turned my pristine paintwork into a swirly mess, and thats despite them using some sort of foam :( Just need the weather to improve so i can get the rotary out and get the paintwork back to its best......lesson learned :(

Soldato
Absolutely gutted, after spending 18 months looking after the car using the 2BM and polishing and waxing regularly, i made the fatal mistake of going to the local eastern european hand wash, i'd done my back in and needed the car clean for a visit to a client with the boss.

The cleaning chaps have turned my pristine paintwork into a swirly mess, and thats despite them using some sort of foam :( Just need the weather to improve so i can get the rotary out and get the paintwork back to its best......lesson learned :(

Know that feeling! My z4 got a lovely wash done by the garage when I did specifically ask them not to touch it. Swirled up the whole car 2 weeks before I sold it.

My new car needs a good going over with a rotary too. But first need some decent weather to decontaminate the paintwork.

Soldato
Know that feeling! My z4 got a lovely wash done by the garage when I did specifically ask them not to touch it. Swirled up the whole car 2 weeks before I sold it.

My new car needs a good going over with a rotary too. But first need some decent weather to decontaminate the paintwork.

Careful with a rotary.. I bought a DA for learning and it's perfect for personal use.

Soldato
I think the rotary fears are unfounded imo, you would have to be a real hamfisted fool to do any damage with one, DA's just dont have the guts to do serious correction in a decent timeframe.
Might well be, still nice to have the safety net.

What would you consider a decent timeframe?

Soldato
I've seen someone go through the clearcoat with a DA and a spot pad in the past.
fair enough, I try to be careful with it.. I did over my mx5 with megs heavy compound and it was fine but the paint was beat.

I dont think my lexus has ever seen clay bar or any cutting compound so I doubt I'll go through clear.

hux

hux

Soldato
I think the rotary fears are unfounded imo, you would have to be a real hamfisted fool to do any damage with one, DA's just dont have the guts to do serious correction in a decent timeframe.

Depends, DA with an mf cutting pad was pretty quick for me, ok took six hours but the car I did was scratched like you wouldn't believe, that pad and some Scholl S3 gold got out most marks with one pass.
I will be after a good forced induction da soon, like you say a standard da just doesn't have the guts for any real correction.

Had an emergency today, spilled blackcurrant cordial all over my duvet, lucky I keep my tool tote so grabbed some Dr beckmann stain remover as it's highly rated, barely touched the stuff.

Next grabbed Koch Chemie Pol Star 10:1 dilution, with a fair bit of scrubbing got the majority out, the rest should come out in the wash which I'll find out later.
Cheap as it's around 64p per litre watered down to 10:1

As far as interior cleaners go I'm impressed, didn't dry my hands out to boot, but you do need to watch the eyes with this stuff mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom