Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The finish from the wax will be the same, machine can just make it easier (though you'll still need to do some of it by hand).

I don't know much about that specific Autobrite kit, but it'll probably be good.

Soldato
would you get one of these kits? do you think the finish will be better than hand applied dodo juice purple haze? Dont intend using the cutting/polishing compound and pad.

https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/i...-machine-beginner-bundle-renew-carbanuba.html

Autobrite are near me. might get one tomorrow.

What car do you have? Might be worth asking them whether the polishing pad will be aggressive enough for your paintwork.

Obviously always best to start with the least aggressive pad.. then build up if necessary to remove the deeper scratches.

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Das6 Pro, really the only thing worth getting for less than £200. Can normally pick them up for sub-£100 on sale. Think I got mine for £95 with Megs 105/205 and 2x Lake County pads.
Where do you get these for £100?

Sui

Sui

Soldato
People say use wipes or quick detailer for bird crap. What is the solution for seagull ****, and the correct process? I managed to scratch the paint taking this off just now, but I think it will polish out.

It’s already etched the paint....bleh. Guess I might have to spend some time with the cleaning products on Monday.

48RoZXp.jpg

Soldato
You need to try and soak that, keep some blue roll or something in the car so you can soak it in water (with maybe a bit of rapid detailer sprayed first) to soften it enough to wipe away. This will take a good 5 or 10 minutes though. Trying to remove it quickly when dried though will just result in scratching the paint as you've found out.

Soldato
Does anyone know a good detailer in the Oxfordshire/Berkshire area? Having moved into a flat with no water supply near the off road parking, I feel it's my only option to keep the car clean vs paying the local europeans £7 a pop to clean it badly every 2 weeks.

Sgarrista
Commissario
What is the solution for seagull ****, and the correct process?

Simoniz Insect & Dirt Remover (cheap and it frikkin works amazingly well) give the crap a liberal spraying, spray on a paper towl/microfibre and cover, allow it to soak for a few mins, then wipe clean.

The key point is *never* scrub or force it off, spray cleaner on and allow it to turn it to a sludge, it should always wipe off cleanly. Any bits left over, give another soaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom