Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
My car hasn’t been used in 3 weeks. Yikes. Brushed up against it today and it felt like sandpaper. A combo of dried on sap mixed with brown dust. It looks like the abandoned cars in Dubai.

Soldato
Tyre gel - does it really need a foam applicator or will a folded up microfibre cloth do the job?
Of course not you can use what you like, i prefer a brush, less waste and easier to clean. But i now use a spray on one Highstyle from Autosmart, spray on leave for a bit then wipe off any overspray.

Soldato
Of course not you can use what you like, i prefer a brush, less waste and easier to clean. But i now use a spray on one Highstyle from Autosmart, spray on leave for a bit then wipe off any overspray.
I've been using simonez spray but it doesn't go very far and lasts a few days at best even if you chuck half a can on, thought I'd try the megs gel as it was in the prime sales

Don
Tyre gel - does it really need a foam applicator or will a folded up microfibre cloth do the job?

I wouldn't even bother with a microfibre for it - I normally just use a generic kitchen pan sponge with my Autoglym instant dressing.

AG Instant dressing doesn't seem to be particularly long lasting (again probably water based), but is dead easy to apply, and doesn't end up everywhere.

Soldato
Any tips for removing faint scratches, scuffs and some swirl marks from stainless steel exhaust pipes? I’ve tried Autosol but it seems to just be making it too shiny rather than actually making it look good.

Don’t have a lot of metal to work with unfortunately so it can’t be too abrasive.

Cheers.

Soldato
Any tips for removing faint scratches, scuffs and some swirl marks from stainless steel exhaust pipes? I’ve tried Autosol but it seems to just be making it too shiny rather than actually making it look good.

Don’t have a lot of metal to work with unfortunately so it can’t be too abrasive.

Cheers.
Aluminium foil, screw it up into a ball and rub that over the scratch.

Soldato
Guys have a bottle of Sonax BSD which seems to be well regarded but I think I'm doing something wrong as I'm not getting a good finish.

After drying the car how the hell do you use this stuff correctly?

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom