Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Any recommendations for an easy to apply and relatively quickly wax/sealant.

My routine generally is as follows but it obviously lacks the above.

Fallout cleaner for wheels
Citrus prewash
Rinse the above
Snowfoam
Rinse
2 bucket wash
Rinse and dry
Sonax BSD

Other than liquid waxes, autoglym extra gloss protection must be one of the easiest that leaves a lovely long lasting finish.

Caporegime
Any recommendations for an easy to apply and relatively quickly wax/sealant.

My routine generally is as follows but it obviously lacks the above.

Fallout cleaner for wheels
Citrus prewash
Rinse the above
Snowfoam
Rinse
2 bucket wash
Rinse and dry
Sonax BSD

I would go...

Fallout on the wheels
Snowfoam
Then pressure wash everything off
2 bucket wash
Gyeon wet coat then pressure wash off.
Dry

Done.

Snowfoam onto a dry dirty car is better than wet car. The foam has more surface area to attach to.

Soldato
Similar to Gyeon wet coat but Meguiars new Ceramic Hybrid Wax is a spray on, spray off solution and i'm finding it works brilliantly.

Man of Honour
Just wipe over with a damp cloth and the spots disappear

Buffing off water spots from in a hard water area is no joke. As I found out today. Snow foamed the car yesterday to clear off the pollen, rinsed off and drove straight off thinking the drive down the motorway will get all the water off. Car looked awful when I got to Caffeine and Machine

Cleaned it today to clear them off and after washing it and drying it, it still looked really noticeable on the bonnet and front panels. Had to properly buff them off with a soft towel

Looked alright in the end though!

MuxADBI.jpg

Soldato
Buffing off water spots from in a hard water area is no joke. As I found out today. Snow foamed the car yesterday to clear off the pollen, rinsed off and drove straight off thinking the drive down the motorway will get all the water off. Car looked awful when I got to Caffeine and Machine

Cleaned it today to clear them off and after washing it and drying it, it still looked really noticeable on the bonnet and front panels. Had to properly buff them off with a soft towel

Looked alright in the end though!

MuxADBI.jpg
There are products on the market (KochChemie and Gyeon both do one) which are specially formulated to break down the calcium etc

Soldato
I would go...

Fallout on the wheels
Snowfoam
Then pressure wash everything off
2 bucket wash
Gyeon wet coat then pressure wash off.
Dry

Done.

Snowfoam onto a dry dirty car is better than wet car. The foam has more surface area to attach to.

Yeah I do snowfoam when dry and have found much better results. The Citrus Pre Wash is only if quite heavily dirty or lots of bugs/tar and even then only front and skirts really.

Will check out the above.

PS Sale on at Autobrite. Bought their lance packaged with their snowfoam recently and very impressed by it. Will be picking up some more.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Either it was just dusty or you have a really good protection layer over the paint? To be fair this is generally enough to establish a good clean without then introducing scratches.

As of now its just some autoglym EGP.

But the long dwell time of magifoam allows the surfactants to get in there and a 140bar pressure washer just blasts it all away.

Caporegime
Yup, I hear lots of people say that and I get why. Must make it much easier.

Although the new kid on the block is the ceramic spray on stuff, cost double though. Just bought a bottle of the Meguiar ceramic stuff, finally in stock in my Halfords at £20 a bottle. It’s not really much cheaper online either. When they do 3 for 2 I’m stocking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom