Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Worth a watch.

Basically autofoam and magifoam are the go to. Winner auto foam because overall it is just a tiny bit better.

Surprised how crap some of the others are, even after a long "dwelling" time ;)

Soldato
Anyone know of a really good stainless polish?

I've fitted an exhaust but the tips need a good level of attention. Solid carbon on one and just caked on crap on them too.

I tried some brasso on a sponge cone drill attachment, worked wonders really. But I'm left with some marring from what looks like previous attempts. Made them look dull.

Is there a metal polish that acts like a heavy cutting compound?

Soldato
I always seem to struggle with cleaning alloys so can anyone recommend a brush, sponge, magic wand etc. that would do a good job (ideally without taking ages) of cleaning the "Performance" alloys on my Leon?

This is the design in question

Soldato
I always seem to struggle with cleaning alloys so can anyone recommend a brush, sponge, magic wand etc. that would do a good job (ideally without taking ages) of cleaning the "Performance" alloys on my Leon?

This is the design in question

A couple of weeks ago, I relented and begrudgingly spent money on a proper wheel cleaning brush.
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ez-detail-brush

I say begrudgingly because I've always viewed expensive wheel brushes as a bit of an extravagance when I'd thought that a spare wash mit would be just as good. However, I must admit it's been money well spent, as it it makes wheel washing a lot easier, as it's narrow enough that it can be pushed between even narrow spokes. It has made washing the wheels easy enough to do every wash, whereas I usually resigned to just giving them a quick going over the face with the mitt after washing the bodywork.

And as above, I wouldn't look further than BH AutoWheels. I had a 1litre spray which I worked through fairly quickly. It did the job so well that when I bought the wheel brush, I also ordered another 5 litres of it.

Associate
Cleaned the S4 this morning, It was a half hearted attempt as it was starting to get too warm. Used Magifoam 2 bucket wash using chemical guys citrus wash and gloss with no rinse as a softener followed by chemical guys detailing spray. I know i have a smeared rear window.

Images below

Man of Honour
Took a trip to Elite Car Care yesterday. Went with a friend, who also happens to be the guy who details my car monthly. Went because he needed to stock up, I only really needed some foam...but as soon as you walk in and see rows and rows of car cleaning products in a warehouse, you get a bit carried away :D

Bought some Valet Pro PH Neutral foam instead of the Gyeon after a couple of recommendations and it's definitely better in the sense that it's thicker. Can't say it's any better at cleaning as my car wasn't that dirty anyway, but it stayed on the car a lot longer so would probably help with more stubborn dirt. Also got a Pure Final Rinse, which is absolutely epic. I live in a hard water area, so hard that I'm almost amazed I don't need a thicker hose to allow the chunks of limescale to come through. Used it today to rinse the car and not a single water mark! £200 but worth every penny, especially so in the boiling hot weather when trying to dry before the water bakes is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom