Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Just did a clean and noticed that BH Auto Foam is definitely reducing my CarPro HydrO2 and even in some places removing it completely. Strong stuff, maybe I am diluting too high.

Soldato
4% PIR (on the panel). Pump sprayers are much easier than and as effective (or more as correct dilution) as in a lance. Higher than that can indeed start to degrade LSPs.

Soldato
Thanks a lot @xs2man going to go with that snow foam lance you recommended also! You should be on commission for Clean your car :p, going with your recommendations and I also got a leather conditioner. Going to order it all there as easier for me.

Are there any tips on using a snow foam lance? Some recommend pressure washing afterwards but I assume thats with the lance attachment? I dont want to tear off the paintwork!

Last edited:
Soldato
Are there any tips on using a snow foam lance? Some recommend pressure washing afterwards but I assume thats with the lance attachment? I dont want to tear off the paintwork!

My experience having only done the snow foam three times is that it doesn't actually clean the car itself. Use your lance to spray all the soap on, let it run down the car for a few minutes then use a big microfibre wash mitt to properly clean the car, then pressure wash off.

However I'm sure someone will have more experience will shout up ;)

Soldato
I usually rinse the car first with the normal pressure washer lance, then apply snow foam with snow foam lance. Leave 10 mins or so, the. Rinse off. Then I do the bucket wash. That seems to be a popular method. Others, as mentioned previously, dont rinse first, or use the snow foam for the contact wash. I prefer to keep every step separate, and rinse regularly. Seems like the best method to keep things clean as possible. The talk earlier thay a rinse before snow foam causes the foam not to stick, well it would surely just be sticking to dirt then. I'd rather there was less dirt, ha ha.

I never linked you to any snow foam liquid though. I currently use the Gyeon Q2M Foam stuff, but there are loads of other options. Meguiars Hyperwash was really good, can be used as a regular car shampoo too, and is so concentrated you really dont need much at all. A ~5L bottle lasted me many many months. I bought a pump dispenser for the bottle, and used 2-3 pumps per litre bottle of snow foam mix. Either is excellent, but there may be other options for you.

Soldato
@xs2man Does the pressure washer lance not damage your paintwork? Mine could take the mortar out my brickwork!

I went for the VALET PRO - PH NEUTRAL SNOW FOAM.

Use a car friendly jet on the pressure washer not the focused jet or spinning jet types, they will strip your paint

I don't have any fancy settings like that on my standard Karcher K4 lance. Just control the power. I use it full blast, and it has been fine. If you are concerned, then reduce the power a bit?

Soldato
0d64b9be34cca764a6462e5e0c45c9fd.jpg

Jizz

Man of Honour
Use a car friendly jet on the pressure washer not the focused jet or spinning jet types, they will strip your paint

The nozzle I got with my Nilfisk C110 was just a spinning jet type, never heard anything to suggest they are bad for paint. Used it for 5 years on several different cars, and never had an issue, and I properly get up close sometimes with stubborn dirt

You've got me worried now :D

Last edited:
Soldato
The nozzle I got with my Nilfisk C110 was just a spinning jet type, never heard anything to suggest they are bad for paint. Used it for 5 years on several different cars, and never had an issue, and I properly get up close sometimes with stubborn paint

You've got me worried now :D

That paranoia should be reserved for paint that is lifting of cracked. Normal paint, including stone chips, can take it all.

Soldato
Must agree. I have had almost no issue with my pressure washer, on maximum pressure, as close as I can get, on normal paintwork. I did get some flaking once, when the paint was already lifting and flaking.

Man of Honour
That paranoia should be reserved for paint that is lifting of cracked. Normal paint, including stone chips, can take it all.

Thanks :) I've gone and bought the Nilfisk Auto nozzle anyway just so I've got something if I need to get up close

I've only got the C110 which is fairly tame in terms of power in pressure washers but better safe than sorry!

Soldato
Just did a clean and noticed that BH Auto Foam is definitely reducing my CarPro HydrO2 and even in some places removing it completely. Strong stuff, maybe I am diluting too high.

4% PIR (on the panel). Pump sprayers are much easier than and as effective (or more as correct dilution) as in a lance. Higher than that can indeed start to degrade LSPs.

I find that BH auto foam really brings back to life the beading on mine with Gyeon cancoat on it, much more than if I wash without the foam. Weird how I have the opposite experience to you.

Soldato
@xs2man Does the pressure washer lance not damage your paintwork? Mine could take the mortar out my brickwork!

I went for the VALET PRO - PH NEUTRAL SNOW FOAM.

I've got 5 litres of that, can't say I'm very fond of the smell, it's like a cheap nasty perfume that lingers. Good at foaming and cleaning however, my soap sponge glides effortlessly after rinsing the snowfoam off.

Associate
Any advice for exterior plastics? I clean my car and it's like a mirror but the exterior plastics dry and they look dirty so I go at them again and again until they are clean.

Any good products/materials for arches skirts etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom