Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
CarPro Reset? That's good stuff! I have crystal serum ultra on my car and use Reset, definitely found the properties of the coating were more apparent than when I was using GT One shampoo despite using the same process (BH Touch-less prewash then contact wash).

Elite Car Care are in Bourne End if you're not already aware, I do click and collect for things I need quickly.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
@Mekrel Yeah that's the one. Was looking forward to trying it this weekend. Got some reload too.

Didn't know about Elite, might have to take a visit, cheers.

Last edited:
Soldato
can someone recommend me something to use to apply polish and apply wax

Thinking about these for wax application

i also want something in white for polish so i don't get them mixed up
I'm obviously not a pro but I use a similar system but it came with a holder which makes doing larger panels an absolute doddle.

This is roughly what I mean:

Those are some solid products from Autobrite! And for free? I’m jealous.

I recently left my current role and start a new job on Tuesday which means I ended up with a £100 CleanYourCar.co.uk voucher… happy days.

I will put together an order over this weekend.
Yep I didn’t pay for it. Competition. 2nd time I’ve won. Crimbo I got some of the spiced shampoo

Underboss
Me too. 100ml to 400ml is what I use. Warm water. I use a MJJC Foam Cannon Pro v2. I get a really thick coating and it can dwell for ten mins easy. I then rinse bottom up per section and then back down all over. Lots of beading

ive heard about magifoam being the most "Foamy" this is what i want to try in my Worx, but i still got over 4L's of BiltHamber to use first...

Associate
I'd say Magifoam is at the opposite end of the spectrum to Augofoam which sound like a benefit, though only trouble is you'll finds remnants of it hanging around days later.

Soldato
ive heard about magifoam being the most "Foamy" this is what i want to try in my Worx, but i still got over 4L's of BiltHamber to use first...

If you're after pure cleaning ability, based on what you've posted I believe you'll be better off moving away from snow foams when it comes to pre-wash (lack of enough pressure). Something you can apply with a sprayer (not a foamer) will allow you to get it onto the car quickly and without having to operate a trigger spray 100s of times.

Something like HDD Road Rage, or one of the many citrus pre-washes you can dilute down.

Soldato
Had some time today so decided to give the GTD a proper clean.

Used Magifoam and then gave it a contact wash followed up with a coat of Soft99 Fusso F7 Sealant.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a cheap machine polisher from Aliexpress, and some Ultimate Compound from the local store, and I've managed to get the bonnet of the Range Rover from this:

IMG-1474.jpg

IMG-1475.jpg

To this

IMG-1495.jpg

IMG-1493.jpg

It's by no means perfect, but good enough considering it's one of the cheapest cars I've ever bought.

I'm now thinking about dealing with the lacquer peel on the front edge of the bonnet where the Range Rover letters are, and a nasty scratch on the rear quarter. Do we think I'll have any success sanding the lacquer, re-lacquering it, sanding it again and polishing? Was thinking of doing the same for the rear quarter, only with touch up paint + lacquer. I've seen a few videos on Youtube from people like Legitstreetcars and the results look pretty good. Do we reckon it's worth a go? The lacquer peel is visible in the second photo above, and here's a photo of the scratch. It's way too deep to polish out.

IMG-1500.jpg

Caporegime
I bought a cheap machine polisher from Aliexpress, and some Ultimate Compound from the local store, and I've managed to get the bonnet of the Range Rover from this:

IMG-1474.jpg

IMG-1475.jpg

To this

IMG-1495.jpg

IMG-1493.jpg

It's by no means perfect, but good enough considering it's one of the cheapest cars I've ever bought.

I'm now thinking about dealing with the lacquer peel on the front edge of the bonnet where the Range Rover letters are, and a nasty scratch on the rear quarter. Do we think I'll have any success sanding the lacquer, re-lacquering it, sanding it again and polishing? Was thinking of doing the same for the rear quarter, only with touch up paint + lacquer. I've seen a few videos on Youtube from people like Legitstreetcars and the results look pretty good. Do we reckon it's worth a go? The lacquer peel is visible in the second photo above, and here's a photo of the scratch. It's way too deep to polish out.

IMG-1500.jpg

Got nothing to lose. I remember this video and it made a massive improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom