The Coronavirus food recommendations thread

Associate
I went to my local butcher to stock up a bit on meat as a precaution. Got myself 5kg chickenbreast, 4kg pork loins, 2kg minced beef and 2 whole chickens. Should last a bit at least. Did also get some noodles from a local asian shop too and hopefully they will be able to deliver a big bag with long grain rice for me later this week as well.

Associate
You know food shops are still open right? If your local supermarkets (like mine) are hideous then why not investigate if you have any local greengrocers etc. Or get on some delivery options like Ocado if they're open to new customers again.

It's going out that's the issue, I have an underlying condition so really can't take any risks. The food I've got will do me for a few weeks, by that time the shops should be sorted hopefully. You can't get anything delivered here for 3 weeks at the minimum and I keep missing the slots

I have a good group of friends to help me put though mind

Man of Honour
I went to my local butcher to stock up a bit on meat as a precaution. Got myself 5kg chickenbreast, 4kg pork loins, 2kg minced beef and 2 whole chickens. Should last a bit at least. Did also get some noodles from a local asian shop too and hopefully they will be able to deliver a big bag with long grain rice for me later this week as well.

Selfish. Our butcher has sod all because of people like you.

Associate
Selfish. Our butcher has sod all because of people like you.

Pretty much everything I bought was in packs already. My butcher does deals with the 5kg chickenbreasts in a single pack and have done for years. Same with the pork and the other meats I did get. And they still have a good stock available at the moment. And considering I don't drive either and live on the outskirts of the city I needed to stock up in a way where I wouldn't have to travel back and forwards on the bus all too often considering I also work in the local NHS hospital.

Back
Top Bottom