The Crew 2

Associate
Problem with the crew 1, Forza horizon just a better game.

The crew 2,they fixed handing? Does it match Forza?

Soldato
OP
Had a better play last night. It’s deffinately more arcade than sim by far. It’s a bit like Horizon with Planes and Power boats.

I’m actually really enjoying it so far. It’s similar but different.

Soldato
The Crew 1 was diverting, but the handling model was pretty bad, even for an arcade racer. No real feeling of connection between the car and the ground.

Hopefully they've improved on that significantly for this one.

Associate
I tend to agree, the car movements and sounds just felt weird, and this was sometimes exacerbated by excessive camera movements. Hopefully lessons were learnt but I'm not rushing into this one like I did the first. The car upgrade system with RNG point cards just made things even more insipid.

Associate
Wanted to like it but just didn't enjoy the car handling.

Still waiting for something to even come close to the fun and excitement I got from Split Second on PS3... (admittedly not open world)

Soldato
The car handling is arcade but like Horizon. I’m enjoying the Planes and boats more tbh....

I'm playing Horizon 2 at the moment and I wouldn't even say they're comparable, The Crew 2 feels more like GTA or Watch Dogs.

It's pretty naff really, I thought racing games had moved past the whole "Awesomesauce dudebro!" crap in their pointless little storylines, and the "get followers for your social medias to become epic FTW" concept comes across as a bit outdated and out-of-touch.

VAeA885.jpg

I also don't want to see loot pick-ups in a racing game ever again.

Soldato
I'm going to get it this week but I'm really not convinced I'll like it based on the Beta, it's not bad but it's just lacking. The street races are very NFS, I don't like the planes and the Boats and off-road are pretty slow and boring.

Actually.... why am I getting it lol.. in the hope that it will grow on me and there's not much else out for a while.

Hope I'll be surprised but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom