The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
So several years ago was sat in Helsingborg with a friend at the hotel wiskey / wine bar after a grueling 6 hours of getting inked.

At that point I told was watching top gear review of the Gallardo, and resolved that within 5 years I was going to buy a lambo. Well shortly after getting back the GTR came along, and 4 years later the first cryptolambo.

Now 2 years later, the dream car has arrived. A rare Giallo Orion Aventador. Funded by this crypto bull run. @illuz :D

What an experience to say the least. I had deposits on 4 cars prior to this one, and all fell through. Either the previous owners too deep in negative equity or problems with the car (1 blew its gearbox, the other had undeclared crash damage a pre purchase inspection found).

But, 3 weeks ago VVS listed an Aventador for sale in Giallo Orion. This color is so rare only 1 other in the last 6 months has been on the market. I rang up, hopped on facetime and agreed to buy the car there and then.

Today, it came home :)

So without further ado... some eye candy.

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

i.php

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Stunning! Does it fit in the garage or are you an absolute baller to have it in the open all the time?

It wont fit, yet :) The driveway is next on the purchase list to level it out (legitimately <2cm clearance at the apex) and then may look at making the garage wider. But for now it lives outside :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Cars like this tend to not get nicked.

Correct, my insurance policy for the gallardo even had a clause in to say I was allowed to not have the tracker monitored as they just arent stolen. Moving a bright yellow lambo on just isnt realistic. Even parting it is neigh on impossible as everything is serial stamped.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Don't take this the wrong way, but it looks so out of place sitting on that driveway. That's absolutely not meant as a snooty remark, it's just that I'm so used to seeing cars like this in exotic surroundings, that seeing it with a Fiesta parked one side and a Ford Transit on the other looks a bit surreal....fantastic, and refreshing, but surreal :D

None taken, also https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/tell-me-about-new-driveways.18922323/ :D

I dont have a desire for a large flamboyant house, this one is fine, the right size, well located, safe area good neighbors.

I imagine your neighbours might not feel the same when you start it up for an early morning drive, or are they used to it? :p

They are used to it, plus they are usually at work by the time I get up and go out.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Nice looks like the first owner did the options nicely on it as the interior is lovely.

Absolutely, I was a little bit disappointed it didnt have the carbon exterior goodies, but you know, looking at the matte offsets, it just works... The alcantara interior highlighting as well, its subtle but god damn its lovely.

Can we hear it? Pretty please?

If the weather is nice tomorrow I'll get the OSMO out and do a video :)

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Bloody hell you guys care more than me haha :D:D:D

Honestly it doesnt bother me, its insured and yea while id be ****** if someone did vandalize it somehow (which I doubt tbh as theres 2 other aventadors parked outside houses within a 10 minute walk of my house and they have been fine the last 5 years) its nothing that cant be remedied.

The area is a very safe one, its well lit, theres a hell of a lot of the police force for the area who live on the estate, 2 schools, lots of curtain twitching old people and as Gibbo said its a bit off the beaten track so the main people who may see it are schoolkids and their parents. Which, I dont mind at all, they often come to have a look at the GTR/Gallardo and will often just take pictures from a safe difference.

However in light of the thread, I have someone coming around to quote for a new drive today.
Just kidding, the <2cm clearance at the apex of the drive gives me palpitations so need to get it leveled as a new drive would be cheaper than trying to fix paint on this!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So, after giggling at my driveway, took it out in the dry (but not overly warm) for a run around some local known roads including the Redditch cloverleafs.

This thing is monstrous in presence and power. People just move out the way and you put your foot down anywhere and its off like a rocket.

Its got nearly new Pirelli tyres on it, Lambo marked as well. Theyre ****. Even after getting them well warmed up the confidence in the tyres just wasnt there. Honestly I dont understand why people buy Pirelli in the UK, our climate just isnt good for them. As such, will be ordering the MPS4S soon. Anyone need a set of 255/30/ZR20 and 355/25/ZR21 tyres, 6mm tread all around :D:D:rolleyes:

Found out its under 90 quid to fill the tank as well. £85.99 to fill from red light to full with Shell vPower.

Getting on and off the drive is still scary so with that being sorted next week probably wont drive it until then.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I'm glad it's not just me, sometimes you start questioning these things (was a few years ago when I had the 911).

GTR came with Pirellis, being the first time I had "decent" rubber thought they were the muts nuts... swapped to mps4s as one of the first cars in the UK as documented here on ocuk, blew my socks off.

Gallardo came on Pirellis, nearly binned it a week into ownership when they just let go on a corner with no warning, fortunately it was a wide road and the AWD kicked in time to save it.

AV is getting MPS4S as soon as my local tyre supplier can get some at a good price, already have a buyer for the set coming off my car lol.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
@Gibbo must be getting the itch, the 458 is a dream car yes but the presence of a lambo like this is just so hard to beat.

Why would he? 458 is nothing short of one of the most engaging drivers cars in the world with looks and performance to match.

In fact if a yellow 458 in the right spec had come along first id of bought one instead. Its also much more civilized for daily use.

Back
Top Bottom