Counter-Strike Global Offensive (CSGO)

Associate
F2P is either going to be good or really bad for the game.

Battle Royale doesn't really interest me, but if it brings fresh (non-cheating) blood into competitive then thats a good thing.

Associate
Slightly concerning that any potential cheaters can now buy their way into prime - just makes services like Faceit/ ESEA even more appealing to me now.

Hopefully, the F2P element will be good for the game as a whole but the BR side of things needs work - decent concept but looks rough around the edges/ rushed.

Soldato
Updates always bring issues for my game - Especially since moving over to Linux.
I want to use the open source AMD drivers but I also need OpenCL for a few things so I am currently stuck with the pro drivers :(

Caporegime
BR I dont mind at all. Its pretty unique.

Theres some interesting bugs, any original CS players remember this spawn thing happening - https://gfycat.com/ShorttermLankyAffenpinscher

i had a bug yesterday where a logo kept appearing on my screen when i looked at certain areas of the map.

i also had the bug i could see through smoke. i killed 3 people in mid through smoke. i watched the demo and it looks like i'm wall hacking. i hope i don't get banned. i don't know how to fix it. i verified my game files after and 1 was re-downloaded.

Associate
i had a bug yesterday where a logo kept appearing on my screen when i looked at certain areas of the map.

i also had the bug i could see through smoke. i killed 3 people in mid through smoke. i watched the demo and it looks like i'm wall hacking. i hope i don't get banned. i don't know how to fix it. i verified my game files after and 1 was re-downloaded.

I had this last night too with the smoke. Also, molotov's had a tiny little flame but the damage zone was the usual size.

Soldato
Never really played any Counter Strike before. But thought I'd give it a looksee now that it's gone F2P, and in my first game the guy that killed me could see people through walls. When I died and started to spectate him he could quite clearly see white shadows of other players right across the map. I thought Valve had cheat detection.

If this is how it is on my first game, then **** it!

Soldato
Never really played any Counter Strike before. But thought I'd give it a looksee now that it's gone F2P, and in my first game the guy that killed me could see people through walls. When I died and started to spectate him he could quite clearly see white shadows of other players right across the map. I thought Valve had cheat detection.

If you were playing casual then expect cheats. You need Prime to lessen the chance of getting bellends cheating.

Soldato
aimbot always get caught afaik or at least if it does highly improbable shots it will, as they scan demo files for this

(new steam account, new game).

Or did I misunderstand?

yep its mostly the same. Valve seemed to have loosened the requirement for a phone to get prime. The cost is really meaningless as csgo has sold for 83p in some countries anyway and the hack is frequently sold with a fake account at premium anyway. I equate it to ripping the last pages out of a book and congratulating yourself for saving the effort of having to read the whole book, just pointless but the whole ego play of ranks encourages people I suppose it must be

Played 5 v 5 a couple time recently, which is a nice alternative. popflash.site is the host used
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/346690248?t=00h01m41s

Last edited:
Associate

You wouldn't be able to see a players cheats by spectating him. This will just be a part of the spectate mode (player highlighting).

It's very difficult to spot cheaters, especially in competetive mode as you cant just 'go spectate'.

Associate

Not intending to cause offence, but I often see new people to CSGO call hackusation on other good experienced players with good game sense etc. Not saying this is what happened here, as there are a lot of cheaters on CSGO so its entirely possible, but in this game, game sense, sound, communication and angles are key.

I get accused of cheating in every other game by lower ranked players.

Back
Top Bottom