The Dead Linger

Associate
Just watched the first video. Looks really good I get the feeling it will be a ftp micro transactions type of game though.

Associate
The Dead Linger - Pre-Alpha - Pre-Order available

Now available for pre-order - game is still in pre-alpha stage but some early development videos are available.

http://www.thedeadlinger.com/

Here is what we have so far for minimum PC requirements for Alpha Release:

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6000 series or equivalent AMD AthlonX2 processor
  • RAM: 2GB RAM
  • GPU: GeForce 8000 series or higher, ATI Radeon HD2000 series or higher. (512 MB)
  • OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 [Mac and Linux versions not available in Alpha]
Preorder = $25
Pre-Ordering The Dead Linger comes with many perks…
  • Play The Dead Linger the moment it becomes available* for download on Alpha Release!
  • You’re helping fund development!
  • Discounted price! ($25 during Pre-Order)
  • You will receive all of the future patches and updates free of charge.
  • Free bugs and glitches! … Wait, take this one off the list.
  • You can directly help development by submitting feedback, suggesting ideas, and even contributing your own items! (How-To-Contribute page coming soon!)
  • No DRM. You buy it, it’s yours to install and play where you please.
  • You can also play The Dead Linger offline and LAN.
  • We have future plans for modding support!
  • Exclusive DOVRAC Gas Mask in-game item!

Soldato
Does look like it can be abit of fun, a game doesn't need to be flawless to be good, if the IP and concept are solid enough, it'll overcome the clunky gameplay and bad animations, just look at Fort Zombie.

However, with Class4 approaching soon, I don't think any game is really worth looking at in this genre until we know how good or bad that one is. Dead Linger does look decent though, much better than the first few videos. :p

Soldato
Too many of these games now :(

They do seem to be doing really well though with all the dev blogs, i hope these guys can pull it off.

They seem to care a hell of a lot more than Hammerpoint Interactive.

Soldato
Got it the other day. The graphics aren't actually too bad. The character models and animations still leave a little bit to be desired.

As for game play, its probably the best zombie game I've played so far as it actually lets you board up a building and make it safe. And the nailing of wood (giggity) is free form, so no preset places you have to do it. You just pick up a wooden board, angle it how you want and click with the hammer and it stays there.

It's nice being able to open doors with the mouse (like in Amnesia) so you can peek in first (although I usually just burst in and then instantly regret it :))

There are still lots of bugs (as expected with an Alpha release - some of them rather amusing, like the occasional flying zombie :p), but the devs are doing great and I think I've had an update almost daily with hotfixes.

If the devs continue to work as hard as they are currently, then this game could turn out to be something really special.

Oh, and it is so nice to have the slow 'classic' zombies, without having stupid mutated creatures that can run and jump super fast (aka turning it into every other zombie/creature horror game).

Finally, a lot of people got burnt by The War Z (Infestation Survivor Stories). But this does not feel anything like that. The devs for The Dead Linger haven't lied about any features currently in the game, they constantly update their Twitter with update logs, and personally, I find The Dead Linger in it's current buggy alpha state to be 1000x more fun to play than War Z is now (post release).

Blazin

Soldato
Thanks for the write up Blazin. I am quite interested in this game, just not sure whether to bother while it's still in Alpha.

Back
Top Bottom