The decreasing standards of written English

Soldato
I'm an adult, can directly see the value in e-learning that will significantly help my career and this STILL describes me!
I should have been more general because most people would rather play than study (me included). :D

The process doesn't work. So many people still cant get jobs despite their education system.
Considering that over 80% of people are employeed. The system does work (not saying it is perfect).

Associate
I thought there was a correlation between education levels and employment in developed economies?

I don't think removing the education aspect would affect employment rates in a developed country like the UK.

So many people I met at the jobcentre with degrees even just GCSEs / A levels that were constantly struggling to find work, not just me.

No employer from mine and these people's experiences care at all about our education.

I mean who doesn't have an education in the UK? How then does having an education set you apart from anyone else?

When only some people have an education yes its desirable. When everyone has it, no one cares.

Soldato
I think you might be right.:D

adjective
adjective: decreasing
  1. becoming smaller or fewer in size, amount, intensity, or degree.
    "the affair attracts a decreasing number of visitors"
noun
noun: decreasing
  1. the action or process of making or becoming smaller or fewer.
    "the decreasing of greenhouse gases would also lead to an avoidance of a temperature rise"

Soldato
Somewhat ironically, we've reached a moment in time where one doesn't need to 'know' much because there is so much information at our fingertips. Maybe all we'll need in the future is the ability to learn how to find what we need online, and just leave it at that. I hope not, because without curiosity we'll never progress, we'll never go beyond what we 'need' to know.

Caporegime
Should the title use ‘declining’ not ‘decreasing’?
decreasing just shows the ops standards were from an already declining period of education and goes to further prove his point
Somewhat ironically, we've reached a moment in time where one doesn't need to 'know' much because there is so much information at our fingertips. Maybe all we'll need in the future is the ability to learn how to find what we need online, and just leave it at that. I hope not, because without curiosity we'll never progress, we'll never go beyond what we 'need' to know.

You could argue the same about any method for sharing knowledge, the only thing that changed is the way it's stored.
the internet is basically a library you can always enter from anywhere

Soldato
I don't think removing the education aspect would affect employment rates in a developed country like the UK.

So many people I met at the jobcentre with degrees even just GCSEs / A levels that were constantly struggling to find work, not just me.

No employer from mine and these people's experiences care at all about our education.

I mean who doesn't have an education in the UK? How then does having an education set you apart from anyone else?

When only some people have an education yes its desirable. When everyone has it, no one cares.

I think you'll find that the ability to get a job is also related to non education items such as location and willingness to move.

You are right about not being special when everyone has an education which is why most people find other ways to set themselves apart. Usually in their hobbies/out of work activities as well as experience.

Caporegime
You are right about not being special when everyone has an education which is why most people find other ways to set themselves apart. Usually in their hobbies/out of work activities as well as experience.
If I were hiring I'd be biased towards people within a generation of me, young people these days lol...... who wants em

Soldato
decreasing just shows the ops standards were from an already declining period of education and goes to further prove his point

You could argue the same about any method for sharing knowledge, the only thing that changed is the way it's stored.
the internet is basically a library you can always enter from anywhere

Isn’t declining a better word though? Especially in the context of this thread (not that I’ve read it all).

Soldato
I think you'll find that the ability to get a job is also related to non education items such as location and willingness to move.

You are right about not being special when everyone has an education which is why most people find other things ways to set themselves apart. Usually in their hobbies/out of work activities as well as experience.

And showing some initiative. Can’t find a job? Do some voluntary work. Help out at a charity. Join online communities. There is not shortage of things to do. Learn a skill and try to sell outputs to people.

Back
Top Bottom