The Division 2 - March 2019

Man of Honour
Email. It might be because I have rather a lot of hours on The Division, 1416!

Darn. All I've had is the confirmation of registration email. Beta must be pretty long, the registration said that you would be notified shortly before beta starts and with the release being 9 months away yet, its going to be a good long beta. Which is a good thing, should hopefully iron out a lot of the issues with a beta of that length !

Caporegime
Meh....

Really just looks like the same game but in a different setting (and not as good as New York in the snow either) :/

Will pick it up still but not paying more than £20

I would rather they just open up more of New York i.e. Central Park, maybe even allow you to access more buildings and add extra paid for DLC content to that game than release this in all honesty.

Man of Honour
Meh....

Really just looks like the same game but in a different setting (and not as good as New York in the snow either) :/

Will pick it up still but not paying more than £20

I would rather they just open up more of New York i.e. Central Park, maybe even allow you to access more buildings and add extra paid for DLC content to that game than release this in all honesty.

More of the same but in a different setting was pretty much all I wanted, is all I wanted for Assassins Creed Odyssey as well, so double result for me. So I'll be picking it up at release (as well as AC:Odyssey). I can understand wanting more of New York opened up but I am tired and bored of New Yorks skyscrapers and linear housing blocks.

Caporegime
More of the same but in a different setting was pretty much all I wanted, is all I wanted for Assassins Creed Odyssey as well, so double result for me. So I'll be picking it up at release (as well as AC:Odyssey). I can understand wanting more of New York opened up but I am tired and bored of New Yorks skyscrapers and linear housing blocks.

I'm just not a fan of what are essentially "re skinned" games.

Might as well just release it as a stand alone DLC.....

Odyssey looks just like origins in pretty much every way too :/

Soldato

This was my thoughts, the first one was pretty shallow so not sure ill bother with 2 until its mega cheap

Man of Honour

Yup , both are very similar to their predecessors , which is good as I thoroughly enjoyed both of their previous games and to be honest, I'll be buying both from a cdkey site so its not like it will be full price anyway :)

I'm a fan of any game which gives me dozens of hours of entertainment, not overly fussed whether its reskinned or not. Hell, if they made a reskinned Ultima Online or a reskinned Daoc , I'd love it ! (and I'm a sucker for the Total War games and Civilization game series, which could arguably both be considered just reskinning previous incarnations). As long as I find a game good fun and enjoyable and get enough content for my £, alls good with me !

I can understand not liking reskins though, its just that when you've gamed as long as you and I have, everything is a reskin of something from before so I would end up missing out on lots of fun :D

Caporegime
I guess BF BC 2 vietnam DLC just spoiled me and showed me that developers/publishers can essentially take the current game but reskin/make it very different, however, still market/sell it as "DLC" :(

That and also, take far cry 5 for example, the DLC is very different to the main game (although from what I've seen, very short DLC but still, same base games, just different skins, just like division 2 and ACS od., at least to my eyes so far....

I'm hoping division 2 will have epic dynamic weather along as the snow/blizzard conditions really made the first game for me, just added so much atmosphere to the game.

This was my thoughts, the first one was pretty shallow so not sure ill bother with 2 until its mega cheap

Loved the journey to rank 30 but after that, meh.

Missions were good fun and well designed but doing the same limited ones over and over again just to get an extra few points on stats became tedious. Dark zone was good fun but cheaters and glitchy tactics/metas ruined it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm hoping division 2 will have epic dynamic weather along as the snow/blizzard conditions really made the first game for me, just added so much atmosphere to the game.

Got to agree with you, the snow/blizzards and the xmas lights (especially when you turn on Neutral lighting in the settings) really added a ton of atmosphere to Division 1. So much so that its a title that I often return to playing each December to help get me into the xmas feeling :)

I dont think Division 2 will have the snow/blizzards though, I imagine they are wanting the different setting, besides, stick in the snow/blizzards and people will complain even louder that its just more of the same :p

Back
Top Bottom