The Division 2 - March 2019

Caporegime
OP
Meh....

Really just looks like the same game but in a different setting (and not as good as New York in the snow either) :/

Will pick it up still but not paying more than £20

I would rather they just open up more of New York i.e. Central Park, maybe even allow you to access more buildings and add extra paid for DLC content to that game than release this in all honesty.

Cinematic trailer

Added to the OP cheers guys :)

Man of Honour
If the sale is still on you can pick it up pretty cheap at the moment - there is easily your money worth in content that can be played casually.

Man of Honour
If you are going to buy it yeah might as well.

A lot of the extra content it unlocks isn't really for casual players but it saves messing about i.e. if you do get into the game some event content you might (or might not) enjoy would otherwise be locked behind it, etc.

Caporegime
Good news that, means they will put even more time etc. into optimising the API even further and thus allowing for potentially better graphics etc.

Dx 12 was fantastic in the first game on my setup, allowed me to not only crank everything up to max except aa, shadows and the geometry + detail sliders but also to get significantly higher FPS too, went from fps drops to 40s to a constant 60+ FPS 99% of the time.

Soldato
Is it worth buying the gold edition for 15?
Yeah. I am not on shooters but last year burned months with it. Especially afterwards the survival mode is truly great. Haven't spent better time (while playing Survival) since Crysis 1 came out.
Ideally you have to play it in the winter at night in dark room.

Hence I am waiting for The Division 2. Idk I feel city exploration type games suit much better to my liking. No wonder Fallout 3 is my favourite one of those types of games (shooters).

Also hoping to have either PC VR or PSVR support. It will be amazing.

Man of Honour
Is it just me that can't see it ?

Apparently the build that was running at E3 only ran on DX12 and needed CPUs released from 2011 onwards for feature support - probably just limitations while it is in development though. I hope so because I'm definitely not sticking Windows 10 on my gaming PC any time soon and while down the road I might setup a dual boot for 10 on it if games start generally using DX12, etc. I'm not gonna bother with messing around with dual booting just for one game.

Permabanned
Apparently the build that was running at E3 only ran on DX12 and needed CPUs released from 2011 onwards for feature support - probably just limitations while it is in development though. I hope so because I'm definitely not sticking Windows 10 on my gaming PC any time soon and while down the road I might setup a dual boot for 10 on it if games start generally using DX12, etc. I'm not gonna bother with messing around with dual booting just for one game.

Why are you not using Windows 10 anyway? there is nothing wrong with it, it's a fine operating system. Never looked back since getting it.

Man of Honour
Why are you not using Windows 10 anyway? there is nothing wrong with it, it's a fine operating system. Never looked back since getting it.

Largely due to Windows update behaviour which is completely broken for my use - I simply have way too many things going on that absolutely can't co-exist with the OS being able to executively reboot whenever it feels like it and/or the disruption from CPU and disc IO it will randomly use when prepping for the next update, etc.

I also find it ugly as **** - I often have Windows 10 up on one monitor (as unfortunately some of my newer systems are only supported on 10 by drivers) and 7 on my main monitor and 10 rapidly become an eyesore while 7 is far more aesthetically pleasing and so less fatiguing.

While less game breaking I also dislike how many features in 10 fall far short of their potential often help back by silly reasons for instance the new start menu could be a really great improvement over the traditional one in 7, etc. but where is the group management? where is the ability to properly customise tiles? where is the ability to scale it dynamically anywhere between a really simple menu and a more complex system? (as required depending on the device you are using and tasks you are doing, etc.).

I also don't find 10 as reliable as 7 for many things - my 10 installs will randomly get periods of stuttering or explorer suddenly deciding it isn't playing ball either until I reboot or sometimes until I reinstall or the start menu will randomly decide to stop responding, etc. it doesn't happen all the time and/or on every system but occurs far more often than it should.

Caporegime

While I did initially stay away from W10 after both my gaming machine at the time (i5 2500k, 8GB, GTX 980) and my sons Core 2 laptop both crapped out on an 'in windows' upgrade and both needed to be formatted and W7 reinstalled, when I got my new machine (i7 6700k, 16GB, GTX 1080 and a 256GN M.2 drive) I went for W10 straight away and it's been faultless for over a year now. Format and fresh install is definitely the way and then I used Classic Shell to make it look like W7. I've had zero issues so far.

Soldato
Largely due to Windows update behaviour which is completely broken for my use - I simply have way too many things going on that absolutely can't co-exist with the OS being able to executively reboot whenever it feels like it and/or the disruption from CPU and disc IO it will randomly use when prepping for the next update, etc.

I also find it ugly as **** - I often have Windows 10 up on one monitor (as unfortunately some of my newer systems are only supported on 10 by drivers) and 7 on my main monitor and 10 rapidly become an eyesore while 7 is far more aesthetically pleasing and so less fatiguing.

While less game breaking I also dislike how many features in 10 fall far short of their potential often help back by silly reasons for instance the new start menu could be a really great improvement over the traditional one in 7, etc. but where is the group management? where is the ability to properly customise tiles? where is the ability to scale it dynamically anywhere between a really simple menu and a more complex system? (as required depending on the device you are using and tasks you are doing, etc.).

I also don't find 10 as reliable as 7 for many things - my 10 installs will randomly get periods of stuttering or explorer suddenly deciding it isn't playing ball either until I reboot or sometimes until I reinstall or the start menu will randomly decide to stop responding, etc. it doesn't happen all the time and/or on every system but occurs far more often than it should.

Uhh no... Windows 10 does not "Randomly Reboot when it feels like it"... yes it may install updates in the background, but it never just randomly reboots, and you can "Sleep" the OS rather than reboot and update if you dont wanna do the updates etc. Infact most windows 10 updates wont even require a reboot, they'll happily install without needing it.

Ive been using Win10 since Beta, its gotten better every iteration, i much prefer it to Win7. I am responsible for rolling out the desktops at work and largely everyone loves Win 10.

Also you do know you can drag and resize the Start Menu right? create your own tile groups, drag and move tiles around etc?

Seems many people just dont like Win 10, just because its Win 10 lol.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Yeah. I am not on shooters but last year burned months with it. Especially afterwards the survival mode is truly great. Haven't spent better time (while playing Survival) since Crysis 1 came out.
Ideally you have to play it in the winter at night in dark room.

Hence I am waiting for The Division 2. Idk I feel city exploration type games suit much better to my liking. No wonder Fallout 3 is my favourite one of those types of games (shooters).

Also hoping to have either PC VR or PSVR support. It will be amazing.

I'm enjoying it so far, there seems like a good deep system to explore.

Yes playing early evening with the sun out is a pain, the game is definitely played better at night.

Permabanned
Didnt really play The Division but might try it now its cheap, will also keep an eye on this. :)

1 question, are these games playable solo or is grouping a necessity?

*Cant agree that W7 looks better but the updates are exceptionally annoying.

Man of Honour
*Cant agree that W7 looks better but the updates are exceptionally annoying.

It is always going to be subjective and the over bevelled and "3D" look to 7 is somewhat dated but I'd take that over the flat, bland look of 10 any day and its also far more polished while 10 there is far more fragmentation of the appearance and layout of any given element in different circumstances, etc. and some plain ugliness due to not being able to properly customise colours and transparency of UI elements, icon backgrounds, etc.

Also to be fair in 7 I use a dark aero glass theme with some things tweaked for a more modern look - which gives my installs of 7 a bit of an edge over the out the box look but it isn't currently possible to do the same in 10 and anything close requires 3rd party tools and hoping and praying they don't break too much when the next feature update is rolled out for 10.

Man of Honour
It is playable solo and fun, but it's much more enjoyable when in a group.

I'd second that - upto level 30 in TD1 is enjoyable solo but the end game content is far more interesting in a group - while some of the highest difficulty setting content you can "solo" I don't personally find it fun as it just takes so long and requires so much thought about positioning, etc. way more fun in a group.

Back
Top Bottom