*** The Division Thread 2.0 ***

Soldato
What's up my friends? Been a while since I logged on, haven't really missed it to be completely honest, I was getting really bored by the end. Tempted to give it a whirl this weekend though, long bank holiday left to my own devices!

Just read through the last page or so, seems like there's nobody playing any more? What's this 4HM farming that you are talking about, this was added after I stopped playing?

Caporegime
4HM farming is a method of farming loot on the Dragons Nest Incursion. First set of bosses you come to are called the Four Horsemen (hence 4HM) each one drops a high end with a possibility of dropping a gearset piece. Do this on challenging and they will be GS229 / 268.

There are numerous videos out there on how to optimize your strategy to kill these quickly for the most effecient farming method, including a build on how to get 6 million crits with your M1A (by sacrificing all health and armor and just using a max SP smartcover along with max DPS sentry set + full firearms)

If you kill the bosses, but don't kill all the adds, you can then wipe and re-spawn the 4 Horsemen again. Rinse and repeat until you get bored and have more items on the floor than you can carry !

Soldato
Thanks, do you need a squad of 4 to do it with or can it be done solo?

Should be around tomorrow evening if anyone fancies spending an hour or two with me :)

Caporegime
You definitely need a squad of 4. Depends what tier of loot you want. If you want GS229/268 items you need to do challenging difficulty which will need a squad of 4.

Its one of the biggest problems with the game at the minute. To get the top tier loot you need to do every activity on Challenging, which is balanced around a team of 4 with max skill power buffs. Run chalenging incursions without that, and you'll just get one shot by eveyrthing from a mile off.

You can probably solo this on hard, but it will only reward you GS182 stuff which you likely don't need. Again, massive problem, the only way to obtain gear you need is with the quality of gear that activity drops. So you need to already have that level of loot in order to get more of it. And thats assuming you've got a group. Solo players need not apply as there is no real end game for solo players. As even challenging missions don't drop the max tier loot. Only challenging incursions do. the ones that are very much balanced around you having a good group and aren't designed to be solo'd.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, do you need a squad of 4 to do it with or can it be done solo?

Should be around tomorrow evening if anyone fancies spending an hour or two with me :)

I'll be on tomorrow after work but from 9pm onwards. Will be on later today though after SOTG.

Here is what we usually do 4HM farming, been I while since I done it.

https://www.twitch.tv/radeon85ocuk/v/83042326

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom