• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The early evening OcUK RTX4070TI Super review thread!

Soldato
Asus

Colorful

Gainward

Galax

Gigabyte

Inno3D

MSI

Palit

PNY

Zotac

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Video reviews

Last edited:
Soldato
I wonder if the lack of dual slot cards is deliberate, even the MSI dual fan is just over 2 slots.

Half of them just seem to use the 4090 cooler which got slapped onto the 4080 and then onto the 4070 Ti super.

Performance uplift is meh, unless there is something wrong with the bios or drivers, Nvidia weren't wrong with the 192bit bus. A few more cudas and a lot of bandwidth makes little difference.

Associate
be interesting to see how the price of the 7900XT adjusts to the card.
While MSRP is a dangerous thing to base anything on - especially the last few years - for the 4070 Super and the 4070 Ti Super the MSRP has stayed the same which is improved price/perf a bit.
CB has the 4070 vs 4070 Super at +17%, and the plain 4070 Ti vs the 4070 Ti Super at +9%.
Whereas with the 4080 vs 4080 Super at the end of the month, the MSRP has dropped from $1,200 to $1,000 so even if the jump is 7% - which is about where TPU have it in their placeholder in their database (
https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-4080-super.c4182) - then at -$200 for 107%, the 4080 Super is the main one to move price/perf with this refresh. Although the 4070 Ti going from 12GB to 16GB is important too.

I guess AMD's volumes are tiny - after all they are on a lets ignore reality "we will have premier margins on tiny volumes" mission - but think their whole range will need a large adjustment. Wouldn't surprise me if a chart of AMD's GPU sales for the last few generations has been a bit like this:
Fbw0foz.png

Tiny volumes, high margins (my mock chart totally ignores the fixed costs of development), and in the end tiny profits!

Soldato
I wonder if any of these would be a worthy upgrade for my dual R290's from 2011 running in X-Fire :cry:
Im upgrading this year, but waiting for Zen 5

Last edited:
Associate
Can't say I'm regretting getting a 7900 XT the better part of a year ago having seen some reviews of the Ti Super. Still not having to resort to FSR personally.

Would be a much tougher decision at the moment though between a 7900 XT and Ti Super now that the latter has a passable amount of VRAM for the price bracket.

Soldato
Could the lack of increased cache between the 4070ti and 4070ti Super be the reason for the poor gains below 4K? I assumed it would have been buffed up to the same as the 4080.

Honestly it's underwhelming, I'd certainly not be upset if I'd bought a 7900XT in the past.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
The problem I have is that I have a RX 570 and want to upgrade. I was waiting for the 4070ti Super, but now thinking I might go the 4070s as I do want to use RT but the TI is a lot more and not that impressive. On top of that, the 7800xt is quite a lot cheaper...

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem I have is that I have a RX 570 and want to upgrade. I was waiting for the 4070ti Super, but now thinking I might go the 4070s as I do want to use RT but the TI is a lot more and not that impressive. On top of that, the 7800xt is quite a lot cheaper...

What res are you planning on gaming at? The 4070S seems to be the best of the lot frankly, and for 1440P you should be reasonably okay depending on the game.

I certainly wouldn't pay more than £550-560 for one, you're probably one of the rare cases where an upgrade is warranted given what you're coming from.

The current market is a joke.

Last edited:

Klo

Klo

Soldato
What res are you planning on gaming at? The 4070S seems to be the best of the lot frankly, and for 1440P you should be reasonably okay depending on the game.

I certainly wouldn't pay more than £550-560 for one, you're probably one of the rare cases where a well deserved upgrade is warranted given what you're coming from.
Currently 1080p 144hz, but I am planning on getting a 1440p 144hz+ screen in a couple of months. I do want to use RT/PT, but am happy to use DLSS and turn down a setting occasionally if needed.

Cheapest 4070s I can see if £579, don't know if its worth waiting a little for prices to settle...

Soldato
For what it's worth, I actually (for my sins) own a Zotac 4070 Twin Edge, which while one of the cheaper models has been absolutely flawless and has a 5 year warranty if registered within 30 days.

If you want to play with RT you're not going to be happy with AMD, the problem you're most likely to run into with NV is running out of VRAM if you try to go balls to the wall.

I've been using DLSS set to quality and frame gen on my 4070 and been perfectly happy with it personally, I was unsure about the tech at first but it's a lot better than I expected and became a big factor as to why I went with Nvidia over AMD.

Frankly FSR often looks like ass by comparison.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £586.98 (includes delivery: £7.99)​

This is where my money would go if I had to have a 4070S.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klo
Associate
i'm in a similar boat, RX580 and desperately need an upgrade. would love to go team green but the stinginess of Nvidia vram is kinda making me look at AMD instead. really want 16gb vram, but also wouldn't mind playing around with dlss and RT

decisions decisions, and the market just seems crap right now.:(

Associate
i'm in a similar boat, RX580 and desperately need an upgrade. would love to go team green but the stinginess of Nvidia vram is kinda making me look at AMD instead. really want 16gb vram, but also wouldn't mind playing around with dlss and RT

decisions decisions, and the market just seems crap right now.:(

It's becoming ever more relevant of an issue, it wasn't too long ago that people were pooh poohing the idea that 8GB VRAM wasn't enough - now 8GB is potatoe level.

Associate
It's becoming ever more relevant of an issue, it wasn't too long ago that people were pooh poohing the idea that 8GB VRAM wasn't enough - now 8GB is potatoe level.
Might just be a me issue, but indont often switch cards i only upgrade when i really need to. But upgrade to 12gb vram just doesn’t seem that right considering the cost. Think i paid like £250-£300 for the 580 but i now have to look at £500+

Associate
Might just be a me issue, but indont often switch cards i only upgrade when i really need to. But upgrade to 12gb vram just doesn’t seem that right considering the cost. Think i paid like £250-£300 for the 580 but i now have to look at £500+

Definitely be looking at 16GB min, especially if you don't upgrade often.

Back
Top Bottom