The Emirates FA Cup Final Man City v Man Utd ** Spoilers ** [Saturday 25th May 2024 @ 3pm]

Poch lol he's been great hasn't he.
Give ETH another year or so and see how he goes. The merry go round has to stop At that rate Fergie should have been sacked after a couple of seasons. Not comparing them but managers need time to get the set up they want

Caporegime
I’m torn, on one hand he has won 2 trophies in 2 seasons. One the other hand, the team has not been consistent all season. We don’t know who is going to turn up week to week. Yes there has been injuries but when Varane and Martinez were absent, he continued to try to play the same way with very mixed results. In around January when United some how had the best form? I remember thinking all the games they won, it was all unconvincingly.

Take away the FA Cup final, the performances has been way below par.

But then again…sack him and start from scratch again? Back in the old cycle? What if the next guy does the same but no trophies? Which is VERY likely to happen. I can’t see Poch come in and do any better, or he could and United end up 6th and no trophies…

I really can’t decide whether United to stick or twist.

Edit - Ultimately I guess football is a result business…if I had to pick…I think he should be given more time given that he has earned it with trophies…seeing doing another LVG episode didn’t really work last time and honestly the number of qualified candidates around are a bit thin on the ground. The only ones I can think of are Xavi and Tuchel, Fletcher is a no from me, Poch too.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I can sort of understand if people want to make a case for keeping him, but basing it all on one game is just insanity.

We've had to suffer complete dross, game after game, all season. People seem to have forgotten this almost in an instant. The injuries offer some mitigation but even taking that into account, the team were awful.

I'm still annoyed by the garbage he served up in the Champions League group stage - have people simply forgotten that?

As for a top coaching performance to beat Man City, I'm not so sure about that. Ole had a great record against Pep didn't he? They've always been vulnerable to the counter attack.

fez

fez

Caporegime
I can sort of understand if people want to make a case for keeping him, but basing it all on one game is just insanity.

We've had to suffer complete dross, game after game, all season. People seem to have forgotten this almost in an instant. The injuries offer some mitigation but even taking that into account, the team were awful.

Our injuries offer a lot of mitigation. Just not enough for what we have seen this year :p

I'm still annoyed by the garbage he served up in the Champions League group stage - have people simply forgotten that?

As for a top coaching performance to beat Man City, I'm not so sure about that. Ole had a great record against Pep didn't he? They've always been vulnerable to the counter attack.

I mean, lets give Onana credit where its due. We would have pretty easily come out of that group if he hadn't almost single handedly dumped us out. There were questionable refereeing decisions as well that went against us. We wouldn't have lasted much further though regardless.

Caporegime
I wouldn't say that the CL was ETH's fault. Just horrible personal errors by Onana and to a lesser extent Casemiro cost us significantly, not tactical setup. Oh and that utterly ridiculous red card for Rashford cost us a game.

Soldato
The CL was always going to be a disaster. The team over reached in the previous season IMO to even qualify, and the Europa League is about our level currently and I was actually more gutted about not even making the cut for that after being dumped out the CL so early.

Back
Top Bottom