The English Channel

Permabanned
The root cause is underfunding by the tory government. And you're dancing to their tune.

I most certainly didn't vote for a party to fund illegal economic immigration to people claiming they've lost all documentation of their origins and status. Nor for a party to fund new house building for economic migrants who can't pay for their own shelter.

Permabanned
get the navy out pick them up and drop them back off in france .. the rules say the first place they come to they have to settle .. simple enough ? or deport them as soon as they land .. thing is where are they getting the money to pay for the journey ?? at £2-5k a head ?

Well they all look well dressed and well fed, with modern communications equipment, so they are hardly destitute. They just choose to come in rubber boats as they believe that's the best way, supported by greedy liberal lawyers and the legal aid schemes, to get a slice of Britannia for nowt. Hopefully the winter weather in the Channel will hamper the exodus from France until Boris gets the new bills on immigration through.

Soldato
But then they will call the friends and family, telling them that the UK is not as good as they thought.
I saw a video on a news channel some months back.

The kent asylum people where asking to be let free and be given a house.
It's time to stop and look after the UK people first.

Better to keep them out in the first place. We can't afford to house all these people or rather it would be afforded but at the cost of UK citizens footing the bill for it rather than the money being spent on services for our own citizens. Once they have a house they will go on to have large families and want even bigger houses. You can't have a section of society getting free homes and another having to work hard to earn their homes.

Soldato
I think I'm right in saying that NZ only allow 1000-1500 asylum people in a year.
The UK have that many asylum seekers come in every MONTH.

NZ is a bit harder to reach though 1000 miles or more of empty ocean they aren't going to cross that in a flimsy dinghy anytime soon nor is there a RNLI patrolling the waters to ferry them over.

Man of Honour
So which should come first? Having open borders and letting literally anyone com here that wishes to, or having a proper house-building programme and letting councils own and run affordable rental housing?

If you have unlimited immigration right now, what happens?

Are you expecting to improve things by creating ghettos and hoping they'll all vote Labour? Is that the plan?

Why is it a binary choice, they're completely different government departments they can coexist.

Would you call what we have limited migration, if you're not in control it might as well be unlimited.

Again why is it a binary choice, if they all vote labour and we get a labour government we'll just end up back where we started when they eventually get ousted for a tory government that want to reign in all the spending. Anyone who hasn't been brainwashed into flipping between the two parties is a benefit to the country in my eyes.

You honestly think a change of government is going to make everything rosy again?

We're a long way from rosy, at this point even stagnation would be better than what we have now. I don't care what colour the government are, as long as the public are actually holding them to account and ensuring they're benefiting the population.

Soldato
Why is it a binary choice, they're completely different government departments they can coexist.

Would you call what we have limited migration, if you're not in control it might as well be unlimited.

Again why is it a binary choice, if they all vote labour and we get a labour government we'll just end up back where we started when they eventually get ousted for a tory government that want to reign in all the spending. Anyone who hasn't been brainwashed into flipping between the two parties is a benefit to the country in my eyes.

We're a long way from rosy, at this point even stagnation would be better than what we have now. I don't care what colour the government are, as long as the public are actually holding them to account and ensuring they're benefiting the population.

Someone has to pay for those council houses though and that isn't the immigrants that are housed in them if they aren't working or are only in low paid unskilled work since those jobs don't generate income tax receipts. Therefore what you're suggesting is the rest of the working population above national minimum wage should foot the bill on top of their living costs to pay for a bunch of free loaders.

Man of Honour
Someone has to pay for those council houses though and that isn't the immigrants that are housed in them if they aren't working or are only in low paid unskilled work since those jobs don't generate income tax receipts. Therefore what you're suggesting is the rest of the working population above national minimum wage should foot the bill on top of their living costs to pay for a bunch of free loaders.

Would you support a government scheme to increase the chances they get high skilled well paid jobs?

Caporegime

I didn't say it was a binary choice did I?

I said, "Which should come first - building houses (etc) for migrants or bringing migrants into the country?"

The point being, we aren't building anywhere near enough houses and other infrastructure. That's just a fact.

So do you want to bring in (more) migrants under those circumstances?

You didn't answer that question, you went off on a waffle tangent.

Man of Honour
I suspect he’s from a right wing party?

He’s in the UMP, “Union pour un mouvement populaire.”
A Centre-Right Party.
The UMP may have morphed into “Les Républicains”,
a Liberal-Conservative party.
I try to keep up with politics in La République,
but sometimes take my eye off the ball.

Soldato
Better to keep them out in the first place. We can't afford to house all these people or rather it would be afforded but at the cost of UK citizens footing the bill for it rather than the money being spent on services for our own citizens. Once they have a house they will go on to have large families and want even bigger houses. You can't have a section of society getting free homes and another having to work hard to earn their homes.

True.

Man of Honour
A bit unfair, as that help doesn't exist for the existing population.

The current population aren't the subject of this thread, but I'd agree that the current population needs this sort of help too. I'd rebuild the DWP from the ground up and make it actually useful for helping people get good quality jobs. Proper work coaches and not just people who read from a script and direct you towards the nearest warehouse/retail job.

Again it's not one group or the other, all that leads to is no one getting help.

I didn't say it was a binary choice did I?

I said, "Which should come first - building houses (etc) for migrants or bringing migrants into the country?"

The point being, we aren't building anywhere near enough houses and other infrastructure. That's just a fact.

So do you want to bring in (more) migrants under those circumstances?

You didn't answer that question, you went off on a waffle tangent.

And I said that you can do both at the same time, it's not one or the other, heck i'm sure a lot of them have skills that could be used to aid that house building programme.

Waffle tangent :D I answered your other questions!

Back
Top Bottom