*** Show us your bikes! ***

Soldato
Lovely mate! :D

Yeah, get rid of that cat/collector and replace with a real exhaust :p, don't wait, do it now!

:D I've found some sc project decat headers and a crt exhaust, probably cost roughly £1000 for a full system, not worth just changing the exhaust with that massive cat box!

Man of Honour
:D I've found some sc project decat headers and a crt exhaust, probably cost roughly £1000 for a full system, not worth just changing the exhaust with that massive cat box!

Very true, the s1000r sounds pretty much identical with the slip on completely removed!

All it seems to do is direct the exhaust gases away from your foot.

Soldato
Very true, the s1000r sounds pretty much identical with the slip on completely removed!

All it seems to do is direct the exhaust gases away from your foot.

The weight saving is worth it too.

Need to swap the bar ends, they are 1.5" in length so going to get some flush ends. Also needs a new chain as this one is on it's last adjustment.

There's also some vibration through the foot pegs so I'll see if there's anything I can do about that.

Man of Honour
There's also some vibration through the foot pegs so I'll see if there's anything I can do about that.

The vibration problem is the single reason I didn't get an S1000R myself. The handlebar vibrations that cause numb hands can be softened (and using cruise control for 10 seconds every 30 minutes fixes numb hands) but the peg vibrations cannot be fixed as the engine has no counter balance and the vibrations are transmitted through the chassis.

Rubber pegs will change very little.

Edit: Those bar ends are what helps limit handlebar vibrations so don't remove them! Most people change them for bigger and heavier ones.

Soldato
Congrats, I had a Varadero 125 too, great solid bike, happy to sit at 70-80 and very comfortable.

I don't think you'll find many places that don't charge for policy changes these days to be honest.

Quotezone stood out the most for showing the cheapest quotes compared to the other comparison sites.
Lexham has always generally been the better ones for me, if they don't come up on quotezone it's worth doing a quote on their website.

Back
Top Bottom