The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
LordSplodge said:
OCUK GD and migrants (well refugees actually) with the usual views, and then...

...somebody suggests ****ing genocyde. A new low even for GD.
More amusing that someone actually took it seriously, dry your eyes. :D

Gux

Gux

Associate
Quite. So why bring it up as if that's what we still do?

Because we still do this. Are you blind?
Iraq/Afghanistan started in 2003. Libya debacle was in 2011. Nearly went into Syria and were not far off going into Iran. Not exactly ancient history we are talking about here.

The current refugee crisis have roots in these conflict that the UK among other was more than happy to get their fingers in.

We went in, bombed the **** out of the place, destroyed their governments/infrastructure and then left the place with total disfunction government/security.

Not only did we lie about weapons of mass destruction but also lied about how their security forces have now been trained up and can take care of themselves. Complete and utter BS.

It's a total reminder off the good old British Empire days, done slightly differently.

Caporegime
Because we still do this. Are you blind?
Iraq/Afghanistan started in 2003. Libya debacle was in 2011. Nearly went into Syria and were not far off going into Iran. Not exactly ancient history we are talking about here.

The current refugee crisis have roots in these conflict that the UK among other was more than happy to get their fingers in.

We went in, bombed the **** out of the place, destroyed their governments/infrastructure and then left the place with total disfunction government/security.

Not only did we lie about weapons of mass destruction but also lied about how their security forces have now been trained up and can take care of themselves. Complete and utter BS.

It's a total reminder off the good old British Empire days, done slightly differently.

But you're still asking the public to suffer for what the politicians did.

They wont be affected in their quiet country homes with their £60k plus jobs, but what about the rest of us? Most of us didn't want the Iraq war in the first place.

Soldato
Have a house?

Have a heart?

Have an immigrant.:rolleyes:

The whole problem is it has to stop somewhere, you just cannot take an influx of thousands year in year out. I know some are suffering, but come on we have trouble looking after our own elderly, abused and disabled.

I have seen more pictures of young strong male immigrants than women or children.
The way I see it they are cowards and should be fighting in their own country not running away to UK, Germany, France etc.

Send your women and children on safe passage then fight for your country. ;)

Mind you we no better sitting back and letting it all happen. :mad:

Saying no more and grabbing popcorn, these GD threads can get a little dodgy to say the least! :p

Associate
someone posted a map of the current emigration from Syria.

Basically went sort of like this. Every country on way to germany no war. Turkey, romania, bulgaria, greece etc.

No war.

But they go through all these countries to Germany?

It's not just to get away from war, some of them want in on the gravy train. I mean obviously this may be bit different as Germany offered to help, but lets talk about some of migrants from inside Europe that go through all these other countries that are fine just to get to the UK.

There is a reason for this. Benefits instantly without having to work and an nhs they can use free of charge.

This will come back in the long term and bite the UK in the ass, reference this post in 10 years time. It'll be an I told you so.

too true. people think the benefits is the main reason they come but it is the free nhs.

Gux

Gux

Associate
+1

I hate this idea of us having to apologise for what our countrymen did years and years ago. It's not our personal fault, so why should we pay the price?

Everyone needs to take a fair share of the blame. We elected and supported the government that decided to take this action. In fact the current government that we just voted in were all in favour of going in and blowing **** up.

I'm sorry, the situation is awful for these (genuine) refugees, but you need to do what you can without impacting and denigrating your own society. At the current rate of immigration, this would be inevitable.

I am sorry as well, but we need to take responsibility. If I screw up at work, I either take responsibility and try and fix it or get sacked. Why should it be any different now, especially when there are millions of lives at stake.

My Dad was near in tears today. 67 years old, his landlord is selling his house and the council visited him and are saying it could be a 5 year wait for him to get a 1 bed flat. But lets help everyone else eh?

I am sorry about your dad, but refugees are hardly to be blamed for that. How about the **** poor government that won't plan for anything. And the thing's they are planning takes a decade to execute. Maybe point a finger at them.

We could easily build a millions houses per year if we wanted.

Soldato
That's ironic considering you're English. I guess you haven't read up much about your own history. (Hint: It's about as dirty as the Germans) :roll eyes:

1. I am not English.

2. What makes you think I am ignorant of British history?

3. I assumed it was implicit in my post, but I don't actually think the Germans have anything to feel guilty about. But they do feel guilty, which is why they are allowing their country to be overrun.

Also Ironic that UK does not want to offer any solution, considering they are the most to blame out of all EU countries for starting this mess with the USA. I guess people have forgot how the two mates Blair/Bush went to start an illegal war, displacing millions. But hey it's not our problem that's for sure. :roll eyes:

And yet the number of Iraqi refugees to the EU are negligible. So what has the supposed "illegal war" got to do with this? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Now tell me, in which of the following nations (top 15 counties of origin) did we wage illegal wars? Eritrea, Afghanistan, Syria, Morocco, Albania, Pakistan, India, Tunisia, Nigeria, Ukraine, Algeria, Serbia, Kosovo, Bangladesh, Somalia.

Again Ironic, considering our export in all it's history has been about conquering, stealing, bombing, wars and killing people.

There is nothing ironic about it and this has no relevance to 2015. The people pouring across our borders were not afflicted by colonialism in 2015.

You must be a UKIP voter / Daily mail reader. Congratulation.

You need to try harder.

Caporegime
Everyone needs to take a fair share of the blame. We elected and supported the government that decided to take this action. In fact the current government that we just voted in were all in favour of going in and blowing **** up.

I am sorry as well, but we need to take responsibility. If I screw up at work, I either take responsibility and try and fix it or get sacked. Why should it be any different now, especially when there are millions of lives at stake.

I am sorry about your dad, but refugees are hardly to be blamed for that. How about the **** poor government that won't plan for anything. And the thing's they are planning takes a decade to execute. Maybe point a finger at them.

We could easily build a millions houses per year if we wanted.

When we vote these parties in, it's impossible to give much thought to foreign policy and conflict as you simply dont know what's going to happen.

How dare you pin the blame on the British public for causing this by electing a government.

Gux

Gux

Associate
But you're still asking the public to suffer for what the politicians did.

They wont be affected in their quiet country homes with their £60k plus jobs, but what about the rest of us? Most of us didn't want the Iraq war in the first place.[/QUOTE]

No the public are suffering because the majority are too dumb to see where the problem is. Instead they keep on re-electing the same irresponsible governments hoping something will change....What???

We can start by not electing them and making sure they lose that 60k a year. It's a start but of course that won't ever happen.

Gux

Gux

Associate
When we vote these parties in, it's impossible to give much thought to foreign policy and conflict as you simply dont know what's going to happen.

How dare you pin the blame on the British public for causing this by electing a government.

Why not? We just voted in a bloke called dave, who and his party supported the wars I just listed. Here we had hindsight but we choose to ignore it.

Associate
Scum, utter scum :mad: incidents like this are exactly why I don't want these people in my country. I'm expecting a German rape epidemic, followed by some dodgy stats that Mr Jack will quote proving that the German rape rate is no higher than the European average.

this is not new we had this happen many times in the uk may be not pennsioners but we have had muders,rape etc etc by migrants.
and for those that keeps on saying that france/germany are taking more of them .they are bigger countries than the uk.

Germany is about 137,000 sq miles. France is about 212,000 sq miles. The UK is about 94,000 sq miles

Gux

Gux

Associate
For goodness sake. Who do I vote for then? the Greens?

Who you vote for is your choice. I don't understand people saying it's got nothing to do with the public when they have been voting the same two parties for decades.

Jeez doesn't take a rocket scientist to then see that Dave was all for bombing Syria/Libya and god knows what else. No surprise there considering he was for bombing Iraq/Afghanistan.

Caporegime
Who you vote for is your choice. I don't understand people saying it's got nothing to do with the public when they have been voting the same two parties for decades.

Jeez doesn't take a rocket scientist to then see that Dave was all for bombing Syria/Libya and god knows what else. No surprise there considering he was for bombing Iraq/Afghanistan.

My mum never votes, but she will still suffer with the rest of us. Your argument is flawed beyond belief.

Caporegime
Vast majority of those at Calais are young male economic migrants deserving of little sympathy, & shouldn't be confused with the genuinely needy, such as a Syrian family driven from home & seeking asylum.

The comment above about the danger of the asylum system becoming unworkable is valid.

Sweden is taking in any Syrians fleeing war, so we don't need to worry about their plight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom